Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Pavilion ec0100ax
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hello, 

I use HP Pavilion ec0100ax gaming pc and I have a small problem. when my PC is on battery mode the speed of my PC is very very low and performance also is very low . but when i put my PC on Charge mode the CPU speed is so good. the CPU speed on batter mode never increases more than 0.40 Ghz even if i use many apps together still it will be the same. but in charge mode the speed will be it 2 to 3.2 ghz. please help me with this small issue i am a MTech student and i need performance a lot for my software's to run simultaneously. I have upgraded the system to the latest version and i still have this problem. i purchased this laptop in month of September 2020. 

thank you waiting for solution soon.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello @hbb007 

Yep that is quite normal actually. The system wants to save battery power and prevent heat build up.

Look in Start>Programs and tell me if it has the omen command center (now called Game Hub).

If it does, run it and see if it has a "performance mode" to choose from. If so, what modes does it offer?

HP Recommended

hello once again .@Photoray002,

yea i did not have that omen gaming hub which i downloaded now , but i am not finding any option with respect to the performance modes, can you please help me with that . i checked it in omen gaming hub but there is no performance mode option available on my pc

HP Recommended

hello .@Photoray002,

yea I did as u said but the omen command center does not show me the options for the performance modes i dont know is it supported in my PC or not. for the reference i have attached the screenshot . kindly help me with this.

thank you

hbb007_0-1612284241056.png

HP Recommended

OK then. Some Pavilions have it now, some dont. I will have to wait for the photo to be allowed by the servers security. It might take a day before it comes through. I will take a look at it then.

It might not let you change performance. We will have to see. In the mean time, its better to run the laptop on the power cord regardless.

Also you can go into the NVIDIA control panel and enable the dedicated graphics card to be always used. That might bump up power to the cpu also. Use the image below for reference. Set the Preferred graphics processor to the High performance graphics card. It affects how the power is managed on battery power.

Omen dc1057nr.PNG

HP Recommended

Also type control panel in Windows Search bar and hit the enter key.

Choose Power Options.

Set the power plan to High performance if you have not done so already.

HP Recommended

hello .@Photoray002

this is just the remainder , also i have no got any solution to the above processor speed problem, can u please help me with the solution. also one new thing i have observed, as i use my laptop , after 5 min my key board on the right side precisely near the arrow keys of my keyboard gets heated up slightly ..... so how to tackle the issue???

HP Recommended

I cant help you if you don't help me as I'm not there to see what you see.

Were you able to tweak the NVIDIA control panel like the image I posted? Also the Windows power plan?

If you do that, I'm hoping power will be restored to the system. Did it help?

What are the temperatures showing in the Game Hub when the keyboard gets warm???

HP Recommended

yes the previous reply you suggested i changes as u said that is in nvidia control panel selected "Auto Select" and i switched my windows power plan to high performance. there was no change after i applied the setting you told me . the temperature on omen gaming hub detected when the keyboard is warn is around 45c-50 c  and now i am posting this reply and my key board is warm at the moment and the temp is 52 c 

HP Recommended

what are you running when its 52?

Take note what its temps are when you first boot and run nothing for 5 min.

Then see what it max's at while gaming. You will have to have the Game Hub running while gaming to watch it as you play.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.