Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN Laptop - 17-cb1015nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi for 2 days I have not been able to play because when I open the fps game it starts to go down from 100 to 10 and I can not do anything.I tried reinstalling drivers but nothing changed.in the gaming hub the temperature was always 75 and now and always 49, 55 maybe there is something wrong

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hello @niki80 

Sorry to hear that you are having problems ... and I would like to help you.

(1) Update BIOS

HP Notebook System BIOS Update (Intel Processors)

F.36 Rev.A31.9 MBMay 9, 2022Download

Why should you install the update ?

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_4123786-2338478-16

Quote: "

Updating the BIOS is recommended as standard maintenance of the computer. It can also help resolve the following issues:

• An available BIOS update resolves a specific issue or improves computer performance.
  • The current BIOS does not support a hardware component or a Windows upgrade.
  • HP Support recommends installing a specific BIOS update.

"

(2) Reboot

(3) Install/Update

Intel Chipset Installation Utility and Driver

10.1.18412.8219 Rev.B1.1 MBDec 14, 2020Download

Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) Driver

2031.15.0.1743 Rev.B17.4 MBDec 14, 2020Download

Intel Serial IO Driver

30.100.2020.7 Rev.B1.2 MBDec 14, 2020Download

NVIDIA High-Definition (HD) Graphics Driver

27.21.14.5241 Rev.B727.7 MBDec 14, 2020Download

Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver

17.9.0.1007 Rev.B22.3 MBDec 14, 2020Download

(4) Reboot and test again ... 

HP Recommended

Hi thanks for the reply.I reset pc to 5 days before problems occurred and everything went back to normal. I think it was a windows update that caused problems but I don't know which one. I hope the problem does not come back with updates.

HP Recommended

Hi I thought I solved the problem with the update canceled and came back again.I tried to do as you requested to install drivers but you can't install. This driver does not support this version. BIOS is updated.

HP Recommended

Hello @niki80 

(1) All right, let's start again from the beginning. What operating system do you have now. Windows 10 or Windows 11 ?

(2To help you I need to know the product number (p/n) of your notebook !

You will find this information on the back of your notebook printed in small alphanumeric letters.

The product number (p/n) is legally allowed information, just about the computer, no sensitive data.

It is allowed to post in public, no problem.

or

press [winkey] + r

( run command )

msinfo32

copy / paste the System SKU value

msinfo32msinfo32

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply. I have Windows 10 microsoft windows versione 21H2 (byild so 19044.1826).When I restore the system it goes back to normal but does not last long.   When it happens pc slows down and when I open omen gaming hub the CPU temperature is below 50 and usually it is 70, and with the game even more, and I understand them that it is not working again.hp omen.png

HP Recommended

Grazie per la risposta. Ho Windows 10 microsoft windows versione 21H2 (byild so 19044.1826). Quando ripristino il sistema torna alla normalità ma non dura a lungo. Quando succede il pc rallenta e quando apro l'hub di gioco presagio la temperatura della CPU è inferiore a 50 e di solito è 70, e con il gioco anche di più, e capisco loro che non funziona di nuovo.hp omen.png

HP Recommended

@niki80 wrote:

Hi thanks for the reply.I reset pc to 5 days before problems occurred and everything went back to normal. I think it was a windows update that caused problems but I don't know which one. I hope the problem does not come back with updates.

(1) Do the reset again.

(2) <Windows Update> also updates your device drivers. That is the reason why it does not work after short time.

You can

(A) exclude a specific device from Windows driver updates or

(B) turn off driver updates for all devices.

I would recommend (B).

Please follow these instructions:

https://www.itechtics.com/disable-specific-driver-update/

See section <Prevent Automatic Driver Update in WindowsUsing Group Policy

Please report your results

HP Recommended

Grazie.  What happens if I turn off driver updates for all devices?I have noticed that with hot PC it starts to create problems. I have cooling system under PC but it seems that it is not enough. One more thing because when I try to reinstall an audio driver I fail. (The driver is not supported on this OS version)

HP Recommended

@niki80 wrote:

Grazie.  What happens if I turn off driver updates for all devices?

Nothing, your system will remain stable.

@niki80 wrote:

I have noticed that with hot PC it starts to create problems. I have cooling system under PC but it seems that it is not enough. One more thing because when I try to reinstall an audio driver I fail. (The driver is not supported on this OS version)

Please send a picture of your cooling "configuration" below notebook.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.