Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

my laptop screen is broken, when I use an external monitor, it can only stuck at the omen logo and black screen, can't access the login page

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello @Saitoasuka 

If you would post the Product number of your Omen, It helps us better.

Its usually written on the bottom of the case somewhere.

I was just curious in what way the built in monitor wasn't working. For example, is it just a black screen always or does it look like fracture lines across the screen?

As for the external monitor, sounds like its showing the boot logo but when Windows fully boots, Windows want to show on the internal screen.

You didn't mention what you've tried so far so here are a couple of things that might work.

1. There should be an F key with a monitor logo that will switch the Windows screen to the external. Usually on an Omen it the FN key in combination with F4 (Unless its F5, F8, etc. depending on your specific keyboard layout).
  2. Or try pressing the power button to start it and close the lid. Some systems will automatically switch to the external then.
HP Recommended

HP OMEN HP – 15-dc1001ng

I have asked the customer service and got the reply is, wait for their call, I need to send back to them I think, I use all the methods he told but nothing changed. I think may be my gpu has been broken by sudden electric shock 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.