Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

my laptop screen is broken, when I use an external monitor, it can only stuck at the omen logo

HP Recommended
Omen 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

my laptop screen is broken, when I use an external monitor, it can only stuck at the omen logo and black screen, can't access the login page

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
11,863 11,665 1,224 3,575
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @Saitoasuka 

If you would post the Product number of your Omen, It helps us better.

Its usually written on the bottom of the case somewhere.

I was just curious in what way the built in monitor wasn't working. For example, is it just a black screen always or does it look like fracture lines across the screen?

As for the external monitor, sounds like its showing the boot logo but when Windows fully boots, Windows want to show on the internal screen.

You didn't mention what you've tried so far so here are a couple of things that might work.

1. There should be an F key with a monitor logo that will switch the Windows screen to the external. Usually on an Omen it the FN key in combination with F4 (Unless its F5, F8, etc. depending on your specific keyboard layout).
  2. Or try pressing the power button to start it and close the lid. Some systems will automatically switch to the external then.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP OMEN HP – 15-dc1001ng

I have asked the customer service and got the reply is, wait for their call, I need to send back to them I think, I use all the methods he told but nothing changed. I think may be my gpu has been broken by sudden electric shock 

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation