Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I'm trying to send an eFax over and over after turning off and on the ePrint button under the webservices menu but without any success. The message keeps stating that it's not connected to a network. I am 100% sure that it is connected to my wireless network because I check that out and print a copy of the page stating that this printer is connected.

What could the problem be? Please help!

19 REPLIES 19
HP Recommended

Hi daisyforu,

Welcome to the HP Support forums.  I understand that you are getting an error message about not being connected when you try to enable the web services for your Photosmart 7510.

The error message you are receiving is indicating that the printer doesn't have an independent connection the internet.  Please set a static ip address and manual DNS servers by following the steps below.

1)       Please enter the ip address of the printer into the address bar of your browser (Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, or Safari, etc). My screen shots below are from Safari but the location of everything is the same regardless of the browser.  This will bring up the embedded web server of the printer.

Screen Shot 2014-02-18 at 1.52.17 PM.png

2)      Please click on the network tab.  You should see the Network Summary for your printer. Please click on 'Networking' on the left hand side menu.

Screen Shot 2014-02-18 at 1.53.28 PM.png

3)      Please click on 'Network Address (IP)' on the left hand side menu.

Screen Shot 2014-02-18 at 1.53.46 PM.png

4)      Please on the radial button beside "Manual IP" then click on "Suggest a Manual IP Address" button. The Manual IP address, Manual Subnet Mask and Manual Default Gateway should populate for you.  Please click on radial button beside "Manual DNS Server".  For the Manual Preferred DNS Server please enter 8.8.8.8 and for the Manual Alternate DNS Server please enter 8.8.4.4.

Screen Shot 2014-02-18 at 1.57.29 PM.png

5)      Please click on 'Apply'.  If you get a warning message about changing the ip address please click 'OK'.

6)      Please turn the printer off by the printer's power button.  Please wait a minimum of 15 seconds and then turn the printer back on.

7)      Please press the ePrint icon in the upper left hand corner of the printer's front panel. This should prompt you to accept the terms of service.  Please choose 'Accept'.

😎      When prompted about the automatic updates please choose 'Yes'. The printer should now show the HP logo while the printer communicates with the HP servers. The Web Services information sheet should print with the claim code for your printer.

Now that you have the ePrint feature is turned on before using the Fax feature I would recommend that you customize your ePrint email address.  I have included a document here on how to do that.

You should now be able to get your eFax setup.  I have included a document for you on how to do this here.

--------------------------
Regards,
Happytohelp
Please click the Thumbs Up to show you like my post or to say thanks!

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Thanks for all the great help, but after tyring these steps over and over again to no avail, I finally called HP tech customer support. They had to send a request to the efax company that supports the efax for this 7510 printer because nothing we did solved the problem either. We basically repeated all the same steps I'd already completed from this website advice. 

My efax still doesn't work and I haven't heard from the efax company. It's annoying! HP did admit that the 7510 has had this issue before with the eprint not able to fix the problem with the efax.

HP Recommended

I got through all of your steps until turning the printer back on.  The ePrint icon in the upper left corner never came up permitting me to accept.

HP Recommended

Hi

Thanks for the information i have only gone as far as trying to get the web services working and unfortunately it still comes back with the same error message. 

"unable to connect to web services" with buttons enter proxy, try again and ok.

HP Recommended

Hi Tubbs22,

Thank you for the update, I appreciate it.

At this point I recommend that you please call HP’s Cloud Services at 1-855-785-2777 if you live in the USA/Canada region. If you live outside the USA/Canada region please click here to find the Technical Support number for your country/region.

Regards,
Happytohelp

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

The address you quote (192.168.11.75) comes up 'server not responding' so I cannot follow your instructions. Please help ! My printer is an Officejet 4630 All-in-One, just a couple of weeks old. I am in Australia, which may be a problem for your server. Regards, Big Nige

HP Recommended

Hi BigNige,

Thank you for being an active member of the HP Support Forums.  I see that you are trying to set a static IP address and manual DNS servers for your printer.

To find the IP address of your printer, please follow the steps in Printing a Network Configuration Page. Once you have the IP address of your printer, please follow the steps in this post titled HP Officejet 4630 does not connect to internet. It has the screen shots for your printer instead of the Photosmart 7510 printer.

Please let me know the outcome.

Regards,
Happytohelp

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Many thanks 'Happy to Help' !!!  You are a life-saver.  I followed your very clear instructions and my 'webservices' and ePrint are all now set up and working well.  I thought I knew a bit about computers and their peripherals, but I could not get anywhere with this one. If I get into any more trouble with my printer I shall be looking for you again. Meanwhile I shall be sharing my happy experiences with my friends and colleagues.  Once again, thank you for your assistance, Big Nige, Brisbane, Australia.

HP Recommended

Hi @ppantel

Welcome to the HP Support Forums.  I gather that you are trying to set a manual IP address for your Officejet 4630 printer and are getting an “Invalid Input” error message.

Would you please post a screen shot of the embedded web server showing the values when you get the error message?  If you are unsure how to do that please see the post by @Daniel_Potyrala titled How to take and post a screenshot on HP Support Forum.

Thank you.

Regards,
Happytohelp

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.