Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I just installed my printer (upgrading from an HP CM2320fxi). Everything is working except ePrint/Web Services. The printer is connected directly to my router. It prints from networked computers. AirPrint works from iOS devices. It can scan to e-mail and documents are successfully received by e-mail accounts outside of the network (i.e. it must be connected to and talking to the internet). All router and printer firmware has been confirmed up to date. all devices have been reset and restarted several times. However, if I try to enable HP Web Services to setup ePrint I get the following error message: "Connect error. Check Internet connection."

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

After struggling with this problem for many months, including numerous phone discussions and e-mail exchanges with HP tech support, they finally sent me a replacement printer.  It work as advertised right out of the box.  I do not know what the  underlying problem was, but the fact is that it could not be fixed with any of the solutions suggested in the discussions on this forum.  Apparently, there are HP printers out there with an internet connection defect that has nothing to do with any user-configurable solutions.  If you have one, then you are going to need to replace your printer.

I can't thank HP for this.  They tried my patience and tenacity for months before offering up the only real solution.  They ought to know their products better than this and should have replaced my printer many months ago.  That being said, the tech person with whom I had most of my dealings was a nice guy.  I expect that he is working under some edict about exhausting all possible tactics before agreeing to replace the unit.

Good luck!

View solution in original post

34 REPLIES 34
HP Recommended

Hi dmhunter,

I see that you're trying to setup ePrint on your printer.  I would like to assist.  What printer do you have?

HP Recommended

My printer is an HP LaserJet M570dn multifunction color laser printer.

HP Recommended

Dmhunter,

I would try the steps listed below.  Let me know how it goes. 

1. Open an internet browser type printer's IP address.

2. Should bring you to the printer's status page.

3. Select the networking tab at the top.

4. Left hand side select IPv4 under wireless.

5. Under DNS address Configuration select Manual DNS Server.

6. For Preferred enter 8.8.8.8

7. For Alternate enter 8.8.4.4

8. Select apply. You might get a warning saying this could interrupt connection that's fine.

9. Turn printer off for about 30 seconds then try again.

HP Recommended
I think I get it, but the menu headings are a little different that what you note above. At item 4., I don't have any "wireless" option because my printer does not support a wireless connection. It connects directly to my router using a CAT5 cable. I don't select IPv4 Configuration because there is no place to configure DNS addresses under that tab. Rather, I find the DNS settings under a different link called "Network Identification". Otherwise, I was able to set the Preferred and Alternate DNS as you suggest. I'll see if that helps. Thank you.
HP Recommended
I tried setting the DNS options 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4, and followed the power cycling your recommended. However, it didn't help. I went to the HP Web Services tab and tried to enable ePrint. Again, I got "Connection error. Check Internet connection. As I noted above, as I can send e-mail scans from the printer, I know it has a good Internet connection. Any other suggestions? Thank you.
HP Recommended

Dmhunter,

Check your forum inbox.

HP Recommended

I am having the same issue with the same printer.  I've tried everything talked about here.  Any further suggestions?

HP Recommended

Hi mjchurch,

Are you still having trouble setting up ePrint?

What model router do you have?

Who is your internet service provider?

HP Recommended
Hi,
I am having the exact same problem. I have changed the DSN to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and still not a thing. My printer is connected wireless. HP LaserJet P1102w.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.