Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended

@Anna171

Thank you for visiting our English HP Support Community. We are only able to reply to posts written in English. To insure a quick response it would be advisable to post your question in English. The following links are here to assist you if you prefer to post in the following Language Community.

German: HP Gemeinschaft
Spanish: HP Comunidad
French: HP Communauté
Portuguese: HP Comunidade
Chinese: HP 社区
Korean: HP 커뮤니티

Thank you for your understanding

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

black ink still not working 

HP Recommended

Still not working. Changed, clean (manually and automatically), aligned, and cleaned again and it still doesn't work.

Any suggestions?

HP Recommended

I have done all the trouble shooting on the printer and even replaced the cartridges.

Got any other suggestions?

HP Recommended

this did not resolve the black ink problem; now the color inks need to be changed, this is a new box purchased 1/6/2020 t office depot.  i have real issues with the quality of ink i get there.

HP Recommended

@Lamblee

Welcome to HP support community.

Provide the printer model number or the product number?

Which operating system is installed on the computer to which this printer is connected?

Did you make a copy and check if that prints fine?

Reply with the requested information for more assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Still not working after all the steps

HP Recommended

same problem here:

HP ENVY 5030 less than 1 year old. The colors are "fine", but the black is almost totally missing

I did all the cleaning via software and manually, still the same

What else can I try?

HP Recommended

@DavideIo Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are unable to print in black.

Do not worry. I will try to fix the issue.

Please let us know if you are able to make a black photocopy.

Please Print a Print Quality Diagnostic report from the printer control panel, and then evaluate the results. To check the issue with printer hardware or driver.

1. Load the printer with plain white paper.

2. On the printer control panel, swipe left on the display, and then touch Setup .

3. Touch Tools.

4. Swipe up on the display, and then touch Print Quality Report.

Please refer to the following link to more troubleshooting issues.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

@Lamblee

Welcome to the HP support community.

Provide the printer model number or the product number?

Which operating system is installed on the computer to which this printer is connected?

Did you make a copy and check if that prints fine?

Reply with the requested information for more assistance.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.