Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
11-23-2020 10:10 AM
I recently had to reset my printer and now I'm unable to print. My printer is saying I need to be enrolled in HP Instant Ink but I am. I've been trying to connect to my Instant Ink account for hours but I keep getting the message "Cannot connect to printer now. Try again later."
11-23-2020 11:27 AM
Explanation and solution provided in this article written by HP JillSa
For those reading
Things that are Instant Ink
Not your home site? Click the Flag to change to your region.
Phone contact, where available, will be posted on the main website (front page). For example, look for the contact number in the blue ribbon just beneath the introduction section / image.
- Section Check to see if your HP printer works with Instant Ink
- FAQ section > READ How does HP Instant Ink work? – Be sure to read all the FAQ sections.
- The all-important Contract > Link is located below the FAQ section > Terms of Service Contract
- It is NOT necessary that you be enrolled to read the contract
- Contract: Open the main website > Change region / flag > scroll down just past the FAQ
- The Terms of Service contract also provides contact information, usually in the very first section.
Thank you for participating in our HP Community.
We are a volunteer community workforce dedicated to supporting HP technology
Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You for the help.
If the answer helped resolve your issue, Click "Accept as Solution" .
11-23-2020 12:11 PM
Thank you for your reply.
My printer is enrolled with HP instant Ink. I had received new cartridges a few weeks ago and was using them uptil last week. The problem arose when I had to factory reset my printer today. It's the same printer I have been using with the Instant Ink service for years. It's just after the reset, it's been unable to connect to my Instant Ink account. It's still showing as online even though I have signed out of Instant Ink and switched my printer off. I can't print anything because the cartridges are locked.
I have tried disabling the web services and setting it up again.
I've tried switching it off, plugging it out, waiting and switching it back on again.
I've tried unplugging it, plugging it back in and unplugging the router.
I've checked I've got the latest firmware update (which I have).
I can't get my Instant Ink account to sync with my printer and recognise I have already enrolled and the cartridges I currently have installed, I was using to print previously.
11-23-2020 12:16 PM
The contact information provided in the TKB is the presumably the "way to go".
That said, the only thing I can do is send the question for review.
I have done that.
Request for Review
- I have submitted a request that someone review your question / concern.
- Our Community is not HP Technical Support, nor are we HP Sales or HP Service.
- Our request for assistance on your behalf does not influence the outcome: Our request is not a magic back door into HP Support.
- The time frame (how long it takes) for a response is not controlled by the Community.
- If / When there is a response, a Community moderator / agent will (should) post back on this thread before using other methods to contact you.
Note to those reading:
- Do not contact random numbers posted in a public or private message by “new members”. Vermin are looking for victims – don’t be next.
- Please do not post any personal or case information here - we cannot make use of the data.
- Posting personal information at a public site increases your risk from rats and scammers.
12-01-2020 09:39 AM
@lyterain, Welcome to the HP Support Community!
To assist you better, we would need some information related to your Instant Ink Subscription. This information cannot be shared on a public post.
I have sent you a private message, reply to the message with your details.
In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee