You are receiving this message “Cartridge cannot be used until printer is enrolled in HP Instant Ink” on your printer because you are trying to use HP Instant Ink cartridges in a printer that is not enrolled in the HP Instant Ink service. HP Instant Ink cartridges ONLY work if you are currently enrolled in the HP Instant Ink service.
To solve the issue please remove all HP Instant Ink cartridges from the printer. All HP Instant Ink cartridges have the name printed on the label as shown below.
There are three types of cartridges:
- Label does not say “Instant Ink” or “Instant Ink Ready” – these can be used in any compatible printer.
- Label says “Instant Ink” – these can only be used in a printer that is currently enrolled in Instant Ink.
- Label says “Instant Ink Ready”:
- If these have ever been used in an enrolled printer, then they can only be used in an enrolled printer.
- If these have never been used in an enrolled printer, then they can be used in any compatible printer.
Pic #1 – Cartridge on the left is standard HP cartridge, cartridge in middle is Instant Ink ready and cartridge on right is Instant Ink
The first 2 cartridges (cyan and magenta) are standard cartridges (no Instant Ink label).
The middle 2 cartridges (yellow and black) are Instant Ink ready as shown in the title above the 902 number
The last 2 cartridges (cyan and magenta) are Instant Ink cartridges as titled right under the C and M icon
If you see this message when you ARE enrolled, then there may be a problem with the cartridge or with the printer enrollment. Go to Instantink.com and click the link to Sign In, which is located at the top right of the page, or under the 3 horizontal lines if you are on a mobile device. If you are able to log in, then you do have an account. Click the Printer Details link under the printer name to check the serial number of the enrolled printer and make sure it matches the printer you are using. If it matches then please contact HP support to help resolve this issue.
Here is a link to WW support:
Choose your country and language and hit show options: