Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
envy 7134
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Printer is connected to wi-fi (Blue light is not blinking) - Cannot get printer to connect to web Services 
Error message in window of printer "The printer could not connect to Web Services. The server might be busy or temporary unavailable try again later" 
Tried and tried "later" to no avail
keep getting annoying message 

Your printer needs to be connected to HP Connected to update its HP Instant Ink status.

See printer control panel for instructions.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@SG122, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Follow the steps below-

Update the printer firmware

Download available firmware updates from the HP website

With the printer on and connected to the computer, go to HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads, and then identify your printer. Look for and install any available firmware updates. For more information, go to Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware.

Restart the computer, printer, and router

To resolve many connectivity issues, restart the computer, printer, and router.

NOTE: 

The following steps temporarily disconnect network and Internet connections, and require restarting your computer. Complete any tasks or downloads in progress before you continue.

1. Turn off the router by pressing the power button or disconnecting the power cord.

2. Turn off the printer.

3. Close all running programs on your computer, and then shut down the computer.

4. Press the power button or reconnect the power cord to the router, and then wait for the Internet activity light to display a normal connected status.

5. Turn on the printer.

6. Turn on the computer.

7. Try to turn on Web Services.

If the issue persists, continue with the steps below-

Remove the Web-Services -

1. From the top of the screen, touch or swipe down the tab to open the Dashboard, touch ( HP ePrint ), and then touch (Web Services Settings).

2. Touch Remove Web Services.

Reboot the devices.

Enable the Web-Services -

1. From the top of the screen, touch or swipe down the tab to open the Dashboard, and then touch ( Setup ).

2. Touch Web Services Setup .

3. Touch Accept to accept the Web Services terms of use and enable Web Services.

4. On the screen that appears, touch OK to allow the printer to automatically check for product updates.

5. If the Printer Update Options screen is displayed, select one of the options.

6. When the printer is connected to the server, the printer prints an information page. Follow the instructions on the information page to finish the setup.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have the same error message on my envy 6200.  I have spent hours updating software ( which it said it didint need), turning everything off an on again.  reconnecting to my modem with wps. reinstalling all the HP software on my pc. turning webservices off and the e print off and back on.  nothing works.  I wouldnt care about connecting to the web but I dont know how long I can print without it updating instant ink on its useage.  I cant find a phone number for you .  you have to fix this. nothing has worked

HP Recommended

@123user

Appreciate you trying the steps. I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding this. 

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.  

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the PM.  if I get time during office hours I will call.  

one of the many things I have tried is setting the IPv4 DHCP adresses to the manual and useing the suguested ones ( dont think I know what these words mean, I just looked up some chats here and to do with the BT Home hub 5 I have and they suggested altering these things as fixing thire problems)

this didnt work - but when I reset the net work settings to default the printer screen finaly said it was OK with the wireless services ( not seen that before ) and printed a "Get the most out of your printer, your printer is now web enabled and has its own email adress" page. 

this had a code to add the printer to HP connected.  

after some searching I found the HP smart site,  added that code ( the printer was already there, readded it really)

that had a link to instant ink again, went to that,  hit enroll replace printer, thinking your systems didnt have the printer in its current state.  hit to replace printer and entered the code that had been printed off.  then got a blank browser page with the address https://instantink.hpconnected.com/uk/en/n/replacement/1756724839/replacement_confirmation

so I guess the website wants me to hit a yes button, or tell  me its finished doing things, but as its a blank page I cant tell what that means

How long will the printer continue to print like this? if it doesnt connect to instant ink to update its useage?  I am spending 2/3hours evenings and weekends in fruitless roaming the internet and changing stuff I dont understand in fear that the thing will be non functioning any time soon.

HP Recommended

@123user

Please contact the Instant Ink team, they should be able to help. 

Thanks! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I found an instant ink support agent on chat.  they fixed it  Harah

HP Recommended

Your printer needs to be connected to HP Connected to update its HP Instant Ink status. Internetspeed Instant Ink Team can help you out. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.