Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended

Printer 3830. One year old. I exchanged my empty cartridges for new ones. The new ones are the correct HP ink cartridges. My printer either does not recognize one of my cartridges or it has recognized a problem with one of my cartridges. I had performed all of the troubleshooting suggestions with no luck. The printer does not reveal which cartridge has a problem.

HP Recommended

Hi @BestWest,

If you have already performed the steps from the document Error Indicates Faulty Ink Cartridge and the issue persists, it could be a hardware failure.

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer.

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it. 

Hope this helps!

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

Please help I have not had issues with hp until now and I am very very frustrated. 

I feel that this issue should be approached differently after. Seeing so many attempts at trying to fix this I found it first page when googling.it honestly Makes me wonder how good this printer is and makes me never want to purchase another hp product again. 

I too have tried these solutions listed

HP Recommended

I have the same problem and I can;t seem to talk to anyone or order new cartridges.

HP Recommended

Hi @glyn3,

Please send us a private message with your Instant Ink account details or you may also respond to the private message I've sent out and I'll help you out, accordingly. Check next to your profile name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it. 

Let me know. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Hello, I also have this issue - 'cartridge error - Either an ink cartridge is not installed or there is an issue with the installed cartridge. Replace or clean the cartridge to resolve the issue—you will not receive ink shipments until the error is resolved.'

I have an HP ENVY Photo 6230 All‑in‑One Printer with an active instant ink subscription.

I've followed the online guidance to remove/clean/replace the black cartridge twice and it's not resolved. The printer & guidance says to replace the cartridge but I don't have a another black cartridge to replace it with as I wasn't due one as it had plenty of ink left.

Please advise what I can do.
Many thanks,

Steve

HP Recommended

Hello to all, i have the same problem too with the tri color cartridge. i tried also all the step to clean up the contact but nothing is working. I hope the support staff will send me a new cartridge soon.

Thanks for your help

HP Recommended

Hi, i have the same problem with my tricolor cartridge, can you help me too for recive a new cartridge with the istant ink plan? I have a envy 5030. Thanks a lot. 

HP Recommended

Hi @Borto17,

Could you confirm your shipping address in a private message?

Let me know. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

What was the resolve?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.