Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended

after changed new cartridge 

the indicated cartridges are not communicating with printer

HP Recommended

Hi, I have the same problem with my HP Envy Photo 6220. Tried all the steps provided by your virtual assistant, unfortunately without any luck.

Do you have any other ideas on how to solve this?

HP Recommended

Hi,

We are experiencing the same problem, prompted with the error message: "The indicated cartridges are not communicating correctly with the printer. If this problem persists, replace the cartridges." 

Printer: HP Envy Photo 6220.

I've done all the steps provided by the virtual assistant unfortunately without any success. 

Would you be able to assist here?

Appreciate your support!

HP Recommended

Has anyone gotten a response?   Clearly a bad bunch as this is happening in a relatively short time to many people.  After a long time going through the help/support automation I was told to clean my cartridge but not told how.  I have tried what I thought would work and it did not help. 

I see 25 people have the problem, but I can not see their responses

HP Recommended

HP Envy Photo 7858

HP Recommended

After NUMEROUS phone calls to HP support and MANY hours wasted on the phone ... including a call to Netgear (my network router supplier) to confirm the software for the router was updated,  I FINALLY convinced the last supervisor I spoke with the problem lies in the fact that their cartridges and their "network connection" to the Instant Ink service is flawed. They sent me a new set of cartridges that ARE IN NO WAY AFFILIATED with HP Instant Ink ... and I as I predicted ... PROBLEM SOLVED!!

It's very unfortunate that the Instant Ink service is so flawed, because I thought the idea of getting replacement cartridges as needed, and more importantly, the cost of replacing those cartridges spread out over time, instead of throwing down a large chunk of money at a time that might not be convenient to go out and purchase those cartridges when replacements are needed.

It's also very frustrating to be without a reliable printer for the better part of 2 months while waiting for a support agent to "follow up", or replacement cartridges to ship (I now have 3 brand new sets I cannot use) AND most importantly, NONE OF THE SUPPORT AGENTS could solve my problem until I INSISTED they replace the cartridges with NON HP Instant Ink cartridges. 

So ... if you have a "Cartridge cannot be used until the printer is enrolled in HP Instant Ink" error message ... trust in the fact that the problem may not be completely eliminated until you install cartridges that are not registered with HP in any way.

HP Recommended

Same problem with my first ever cartridge for my HP Envy 5030 All in One. I'm beginning to see I might as well just cancel the sub. No support, no colour printing.

HP Recommended

HP ENVY PHOTO 6200 series, COLOR CARTRIDGE NOT DETECTED

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.