Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
Envy4520
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The color cartridge ran out on my Envy 4520.  As I had not received a replacement under the instant ink program, i went out a purchased a official HP cartridge, but got the message, not an instant ink cartridge,  I do not print enough routinely to warrant anyof there programs (but when I do print it usually is in larger quantities all at once, so I decided the best way was to cancel the Instant ink program.  However, the printer still won't print with the brand new HP cartridge.  To be honest, this nonsense has me on the edge of throwing this thing in the trash a buying something else from any company except HP

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Karlfi You could simply turn off the web services and begin using normal cartridges without these errors, 

NOTE: After turning off Web Services, your printer can no longer communicate over the Internet with the HP server to access web-connected printing services, such as HP ePrint. Turning off Web Services is recommended if you plan to sell your printer, transfer HP Smart accounts, or no longer plan to use web-connected printing services.

If you are currently using web-connected printing services, the following services and features do not work after turning off Web Services:

• HP ePrint email: Disables the HP ePrint printer email address.

• HP Instant Ink: Blocks communication between your printer and HP Instant Ink. Monthly enrollment and billing continues.

• Without Web Services, the HP server cannot communicate with the printer to monitor ink levels. HP Instant Ink cannot send new ink cartridges, and the printer might stop printing. If you enrolled in the HP Instant Ink service, you need to cancel your HP Instant Ink service separately. Go to How to Cancel Your HP Instant Ink Plan.

• To continue using your HP Instant Ink service, turn on Web Services, and then follow the instructions on the info page to add your printer to HP Connected.

• Print Anywhere: Disables the Print Anywhere feature.

• HP Printer Apps: Disables all HP Printer Apps.

Read the section that matches your printer control panel type for steps to turn off Web Services.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE & SCROLL DOWN TO SELECT YOUR PRINTER TYPE

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.