Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
DeskJet 2600
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi recently ever time I print my printer displays an error message advising to turn over the paper to print on the other side (duplexing). I understand this is a manual option on my printer and I've gone through all the options and nothing is selected to duplex (99% confident anyway) and I have reviewed troubleshooting guides/online help etc as I assumed this must be a setting that has been selected somewhere in error.

Also I have an instant ink account so I wondered if I should "remove" my printer then re-add it to the account, but before I did this I wanted to make sure my printer cartridges wouldn't just stop working etc as I have a mthly paid subscription and no spare Instant Ink cartridges?

Can anyone help please, although I can still print this is driving me mad 😞

Regards

Emma

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@ECB04 

From an Instant Ink perspective if you remove your printer from the Instant Ink service then the ink cartridges will stop working at the end of your billing cycle.   If the printer is printing double sided all the time this could cause 2 pages to be printed against your page count for Instant Ink instead of 1 if anything prints on the other side.   You can test it via your Instant Ink account page by signing into www.hpinstantink.com using the email and password you used when enrolling in the service.  Look at your page count on the home page, print a page (with duplexing and no printing on backside), hit the refresh button in the top right corner in the Status section of home page and see if page count increments by 1 or 2.  If it's incrementing by 2 and there is no printing then I can apply extra pages to your account until we get the duplex issue fixed for you.

In regards to duplex issue I saw that there are printing shortcuts that may be set in this printer so here are steps to delete any printing shortcuts you don't want (may be set to duplex).

1. On the File menu in your software application, click Print.

2. Make sure the product is the selected printer. (Deskjet 2600)

3. Click the button that opens the Properties dialog box. Depending on your software application, this button might be called Properties, Options, Printer Setup, Printer, or Preferences.

4. Click the Printing Shortcuts tab. 

5. In the Printing Shortcuts list, click the printing shortcut that you want to delete.

6. Click Delete. The printing shortcut is removed from the list. NOTE: Only the shortcuts that you have created can be deleted. The original HP shortcuts cannot be deleted.

I've attached a link to some steps in HP's virtual agent that you try also.  Just click "enable duplex printing" but do the opposite to disable.  I couldn't find a specific document on disabling.

https://virtualagent.hpcloud.hp.com/?BotClient=webwidget&t=xUuTY9jOLCo.dAA.dQBRAFQAZgBDADMATwA5AGgAN...

Please let me know if this does not help and I'll keep researching inside to see what might be happening and let me know how your Instant Ink test goes.   It's 4th of July in the US to my reply may be slightly delayed but I'll check in.

Thanks,

JillSa

I am an HP employee.
Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution
HP Recommended
Hi JillSa

Thank you for your response and apologies for the delay in replying. 

I have followed your steps below and yes it does appear to be adding additional pages to my Instant Ink printed pages count.

I didn't have any printing shortcuts set up and had already selected the factory default option.

I have also tried going through the HP & Scan Doctor programme and downloaded the up-to-date drivers etc so please can you advise of any more options that might be able to fix this?

I wondered if could remove then re-add the same printer to my instant ink account to see if this helped refresh the setup but I don't have any more spare cartridges if they stopped working?

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.