Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
  • Hi there, I just wondered if during this difficult time and having to homeschool 3 children whether there might be any offers regarding extra printing for a limited time? I understand that I can alter my monthly subscription, but wondered under such unusual circumstances whether this is something that could be offered at a discounted rate. 

Anyone know any info that could help. 

Many thanks 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I submitted my request for same concern (discount), but on same note, was wondering if you knew about how many pages you can print before your ink runs out? 

HP Recommended

I feel your pain!!

I called and spoke to client services about this same issue, but they are not offering any type of help or discount.  I am on their highest plan, HP Instant Ink Service 700 Page Plan and had 1400 carry over pages and since homeschooling my expense went from $19.99 to $76.99 because I needed 57 Additional page sets of 20 pages at a buck a pop!  So when I saw the office supply store near me had $20 prepaid cards on sale for half price I grabbed 10 of them, however the system wont accept them without me entering "another payment method", which I really do not want to have to do. 

When I bought the printer and it came with "2 years of free ink" I thought it was an amazing deal.  However, that was October 1, 2019. Here it is 6 months later and I've already blown thru the supposed "2 years of free ink".  Thinking this Instant Ink plan really isn't a savings at all. It's costing me 2 to 3 times more then what I spent on ink in my previous HP Printer.

HP Recommended

So sorry that costed you so much!  I cannot imagine spending that much!  I have since been fortunate enough that my brother (who works at University of Chapel Hill) gave me his Commercial printer to borrow for awhile.  I had expressed to him my potential costa now and in the future (like you) and he said, "Wait, I barely use this -here you go". I will say that my daughter has 2 friends without printers and this has allowed me to be generous enough to print all of the assignments for her friends and we dropped those of last week.  Regardless, I still hope that HP will have enough interest that maybe they can offer you a refund and/or discounted services.  COVID-19 has already costed everyone so much, we should have to deal with situations like these!  Let me know if I can sign a petition or if I can help any other way? Good luck. Stay safe!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.