Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
Envy 5030
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hello,

I want to make use of instant ink facility and in order to do that I need to have printer claim code.

Now, I am out of my ink thus I can not print information page.

I have tired 

1. printer email prefix as a claim code but it does not work

2. set up--> printer code, it did not work either. Evrey time I navigate to this menu, I get different claim code.

can you please help urgently as during the lockdown I don't have any option for printing  

Thanks,

Dipak

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Dipakp21

Welcome to HP Support Community

I would like to help

For printers with control panel displays, you can still get the printer claim code by pressing the HP ePrint icon on the control panel display and selecting Set Up or Yes to enable Web Services.

Your printer attempts to print a page. If Web Services are already enabled on your printer, you see a Web Services Summary screen after pressing the HP ePrint icon. If enabled, press Print or Print Info to print the Printer Info Page.

Even though you cannot print the page, the action of enabling Web Services or pressing Print or Print Info activates your claim code.

Find your HP ePrint email address on the control panel display. Press the ePrint icon again if the Web Services Summary screen goes away.

The first part of the HP ePrint address preceding "@hpeprint.com" is your claim code. For example, if your HP ePrint email is "abc@hpeprint.com", then "abc" is your claim code.

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

@KrazyToad , 

have tried these options that is

1. using prefix of email and
  2. Removing web services, installing new and getting printer info with claim code, but the code does not work, error message is code invalid
HP Recommended

Thanks for keeping me posted

We could try a Semi Full Reset and then setup the printer again

Please check your Inbox for instructions

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

@KrazyToad

I tried semi/full reset, enabling the web services and got the new email address and claim code but still no luck

The error is the same. So, what is next?

HP Recommended

Hello @Hp / @KrazyToad,

Still looking for help with this issue.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.