Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 9015
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there. I am using an HP Officejet 9015 on Windows 10 64-bit. My initial setup worked perfectly fine, however I recently had to restore my printer to factory settings since Smart Tasks were not syncing from my PC to the printer, i.e. I could not initiate a smart task from the display on the front of the printer (one of the principal reasons I purchased this printer). After the factory reset, the Smart Tasks work from the printer display, but now my Web Services Instant Ink is "disabled". There doesn't appear to be a way to turn it back on. I have tried removing web services and initiating a new setup of web services without success. I even removed web services, unplugged my printer while it was still on, waited 60 seconds, and initiated a new setup of web services, all without success. Please help me re-enable Instant Ink, as when I click on "instant ink" from the HP Smart app, it fails to connect to my printer and it says my last scan was 3 days ago. Thank you, please help soon as I use this printer in my current work from home setup.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@rizalvaro, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Try these steps to re-enable the web-services -

Step 1 Remove the Web-Services -

1. From the top of the screen, touch or swipe down the tab to open the Dashboard, touch ( HP ePrint ), and then touch (Web Services Settings).

2. Touch Remove Web Services.

Reboot the devices.

Step 2 Enable the Web-Services -

1. From the top of the screen, touch or swipe down the tab to open the Dashboard, and then touch ( Setup ).

2. Touch Web Services Setup.

3. Touch Accept to accept the Web Services terms of use and enable Web Services.

4. On the screen that appears, touch OK to allow the printer to automatically check for product updates.

5. If the Printer Update Options screen is displayed, select one of the options.

6. When the printer is connected to the server, the printer prints an information page. Follow the instructions on the information page to finish the setup.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Found this in another thread. worked for me.

"You have to go to your HP Instant Ink page (http://instantink.hpconnected.com) -> My Account icon on left side -> Account Settings -> Cancel My HP Instant Ink Subscription (yes, it sounds daunting, but just go through it all the way - it won't cancel your account, and you'll re-enable it right away) -> Use "Other" as the reason for canceling -> "Continue" past the ink offers (again, this won't cancel your account) -> check all three boxes for 1) HP Instant Ink cartridges will no longer work after my final billing cycle - 2) Once my billing cycle ends, I will receive one final bill... - 3) I will lose rollover pages -> Cancel Enrollment (yes, go all the way through). Back on your main account page now, on the right under "My Account" - click on "Keep Enrollment" (the same option you kept seeing when you were trying to cancel).

You will notice now that your Status... Synced date and time for the printer are current.

And, you can now print again (you will have to first acknowledge a message on the printer screen about "A message from HP Instant Ink..." but then you'll be able to print)."

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.