Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
ASUS
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My reserve package of Instant Ink cartridges were lost in a recent move. Eventually one cartridge ran out of ink and I had to purchase a replacement package at the local store. Pricey, to say the least. Installed the cartridge and got a message that this is not an Instant Ink cartridge and I'm still getting billed monthly. Clearly I cannot participate in this program if I don't have replacement Instant Ink cartridge replacements. 

I found the virtual help desk is not programed to deal with this situation. I can't find a phone number to call or any way to communicate with a live person in the know. I am hoping someone can help me get my Instant Ink program back on track.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@127px,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Support Community,

Normally, the Instant Ink program would auto-detect the low ink and ship a replacement cartridge, only when the printer isn't constantly connected to the internet or there are connection issues, is when that doesn't happen.

Your HP Instant Ink account page contains the data on past deliveries and estimated shipments.  

It also helps you understand what state your cartridges are in based on HP's data,  

Any issues will be shown with its solution using a step by step approach, to make it easier for you!

Do you see a tracking# generated? You'll find the shipment details on your Instant Ink account Page. Once you login, click on the "Ink Shipment" located on the left side of the screen. 

Please send us a private message with your Instant Ink account details or you may also respond to the private message I've sent out and I'll help you out, accordingly. 

Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it. Click here for more details on how to access the private messages on HP Forums.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@127px,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Support Community,

Normally, the Instant Ink program would auto-detect the low ink and ship a replacement cartridge, only when the printer isn't constantly connected to the internet or there are connection issues, is when that doesn't happen.

Your HP Instant Ink account page contains the data on past deliveries and estimated shipments.  

It also helps you understand what state your cartridges are in based on HP's data,  

Any issues will be shown with its solution using a step by step approach, to make it easier for you!

Do you see a tracking# generated? You'll find the shipment details on your Instant Ink account Page. Once you login, click on the "Ink Shipment" located on the left side of the screen. 

Please send us a private message with your Instant Ink account details or you may also respond to the private message I've sent out and I'll help you out, accordingly. 

Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it. Click here for more details on how to access the private messages on HP Forums.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have only received one shipment of ink since I have had this printer and I belong to the instaink hp club

HP Recommended

@Baileigh,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,

As these are to do with the Instant ink cartridges, I would need to know few details regarding your instant ink account to help you get the ink cartridges sorted.

Since the instant ink account details are confidential, please send me the required information via private message.

I am sending you a private message with the information required. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile,

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely,

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.