Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended

I received the following email. "We appreciate you choosing Instant Ink service for your OfficeJet Pro 6978. We want to keep delivering the savings and convenience you expect for years to come, so today we are sharing details of upcoming changes to your printing plan... On 03 November 2020, your 300 page plan will automatically convert to the 300 page plan shown..."

I recently purchased a new printer one of many HP products I have bought. I reviewed offer of Instant Ink and signed up for 300 pages at $10.99 half way through the two month free period and before any payments are made they send ink and raise the charge 28 percent to $13.99. Is this a typical bait and switch sales trick?

They also state. "Our monthly fees remained the same for the first seven years we offered the HP Instant Ink service"

I assume the key words are first seven years whenever that might have been since further research shows recently they have increased fees a number of times. So I am trying to decide is this the normal sales and customer treatment others have experienced? Also unable to locate a number to call, the one listed in terms of service is not working.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Comanco,

Please send us a private message with your Instant Ink account details or you may also respond to the private message I've sent out and I'll help you out, accordingly. Check next to your profile name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it. 

Let me know. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

I received the same message and agree it's possibly a bait-and-switch violation. They should grandfather in existing free plan users (non-abusers) and only discontinue free for new registrants. That would keep a lot of loyal customers content and avoid a class action lawsuit. HP's terms do mention the plan could be changed, but people bought these printers in good faith that "free for lifetime of the printer" meant exactly that.

HP Recommended

Yes it's unfortunate and deceptive. 

When I went to cancel last night the message appeared stating "DONT GO! We'll give you 3 months more of free printing before your plan changes and then you'll be charged". 

Nice try, no thanks...

I have someone reviewing this now for me including the "Free Printing for Life of Printer" marketing and emails previously sent on how the program works and they will advise...

I had my own printer on the plan and have 2 offices with 11 printers that we'll never purchase from HP again. 

Not to mention customer service is non-existent to discuss this with.

Thankfully, there are many competitors out there with similar products. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.