Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP 5020 Envy
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)

Bought this printer on Friday in Currys where it is advertised as 3 months free. 

There was no code on the receipt or anywhere. I enrolled for the free ink at £0.00 as we don't use much, however, due to my daughter being home from uni she has used more than normal. Now I get an email from you saying you're going to charge.

Feel like this is a missale and bad marketing. After reading in the communities other people have failed to get their free ink .

Thank you 

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/hp-computing-accessories/printers-scanners-and-ink/printers/319_3065_3... 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @AndiP55

Thanks for getting back to us. According to your public post, your printer is enrolled in the 15-page plan. 

If you chose, the 15-page plan, you'll not see the 3-months free on your account page. When enrolled in the 15-page plan, you will not be charged anything unless you print more than 15-pages and ink will be shipped to you when low ink level is detected.  

To claim, the 3-months free, you need to upgrade the plan to 50 or 100 or 300 page-plan. As the 15-page plan is free by default but for the other page plan, there'll be a charge once you have exhausted your 3-months trial.

Change the plan using these steps - HP Instant Ink - Change Your HP Instant Ink Plan

Let me know if you have any other questions. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day ahead.

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@AndiP55 Welcome to HP Forums Community!

Have you registered for instant ink services? If not: Click here for details on how to enroll & get started.

If not, here's what you need to do:

Please check the contents of your printer box for an enrollment code relating to your trial.

If you have the printer enrolled and if the trial was not applied, Please send me a screenshot of the trial through a private message with the details and I'll get the trial applied. 

Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it as I've sent out a message to get this started:

Click here for more details on how to access the private messages on HP Forums

We eagerly await your response,

Help us, help you.

And Take care.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi @AndiP55

Thanks for getting back to us. According to your public post, your printer is enrolled in the 15-page plan. 

If you chose, the 15-page plan, you'll not see the 3-months free on your account page. When enrolled in the 15-page plan, you will not be charged anything unless you print more than 15-pages and ink will be shipped to you when low ink level is detected.  

To claim, the 3-months free, you need to upgrade the plan to 50 or 100 or 300 page-plan. As the 15-page plan is free by default but for the other page plan, there'll be a charge once you have exhausted your 3-months trial.

Change the plan using these steps - HP Instant Ink - Change Your HP Instant Ink Plan

Let me know if you have any other questions. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day ahead.

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for that

It took a few days for an answer but thanks again

it might be worthwhile putting a leaflet in the printer box CLEARLY explaining that 

as it is very misleading 

HP Recommended

@AndiP55

Happy to help. If you need further assistance feel free to reach out to us.

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.