Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP OfficejetPro 9018 all-in-one
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

hp Instantink tells me my printer is not connected to internet. Wireless setup from printer to computer shows it is connected. What step(s) am I missing that prevents my computer from being recognized by HP Instant Ink as being connected to the internet?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@hay3911 Update printer Firmware: click here for details,

Once done, perform an RPC reset using the steps mentioned below:

• Restart the router,
  • Then the printer,
  • And then, the computer in the same sequence,
  • Wait until all connections are intact (WiFi is reconnected)

Also, ensure the printer and the device are on the same wireless n/w, either 2.4 or 5G (contact ISP to ensure the right channels are selected on the router, if need be)

keep us posted.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@hay3911 I recommend you click here to turn off the web service when done successfully, go ahead and click here to turn on the web services, and check if it works,

Meanwhile, here are a few things you may want to know about your HP Instant Ink account page before we get into the details of resolving your concern: Click here for FAQs.

• Your HP Instant Ink account page contains the data on past deliveries and estimated shipments.  
  • It also helps you understand what state your cartridges are in based on HP's data,  
  • Any issues will be shown with its solution using a step by step approach, to make it easier for you!

Please check your account page to see the latest cartridge information by signing into your account at "instantink.com".    

If the suggested information can't be found, You may respond to the private message I've sent out and I'll help you out, accordingly

Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it as I've sent out a list of questions and I could provide a better solution once I have the answers: Click here for more details on how to access the private messages on HP Forums

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

We eagerly await your response,

Help us, help you.

And Take care.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Riddle_Decipher.  Not having complete success as yet with my hp9018 All-In-One that is lonly a few months old.  I believe I've correctly followed your directions to use the embedded link in your Reply to turn off and then turn on web services. I checked my printer and it shows a wireless connection is present to the internet as active (I connect through an AT&T 5268AC unit that is literally 5 feet away from the printer).  I signed on to the InstantInk website from my computer (also wirelessly connected to the AT&T unit) and got the message "Your printer is not connected to the Internet. Make sure your printer is powered on and connected to the Internet, then click Refresh."  I rechecked the printer and it states wireless is connected.  I went back to the InstantInk page and clicked on "Refresh" but it did not refresh, instead giving me the same "not connected" message.  I went to the printer and did a "new" wireless connection process through the wizard and then repeated  the InstantInk Refresh operation.  No good.  Same "not connected" message.  Tried that "Refresh" several times and still stuck and "not connected" response.  What am I missing?

HP Recommended

@hay3911 Update printer Firmware: click here for details,

Once done, perform an RPC reset using the steps mentioned below:

• Restart the router,
  • Then the printer,
  • And then, the computer in the same sequence,
  • Wait until all connections are intact (WiFi is reconnected)

Also, ensure the printer and the device are on the same wireless n/w, either 2.4 or 5G (contact ISP to ensure the right channels are selected on the router, if need be)

keep us posted.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Followed steps as noted up to and through the Firmware update check. No Firmware updates present for my printer.  I did not then proceed to the Post-update steps noted below.  However, somehow and somewhere along the line of "fiddling" with this issue I rechecked the InstanttInk website and now it displays: HP OfficeJet Pro 9010 series Online. So, I'm going to declare victory with no idea how many shots were fired and which one hit the target.  That said, I say Thank You for moving me along the path and finding the issue has apparently been resolved.

HP Recommended

I really appreciate you sticking with me to get to the end!  I re-checked the InstantInk site and all appears well and functioning such that it can track my pages/ink use as planned.

HP Recommended

@hay3911 That's awesome, I'm glad we could contribute towards your victory,

And remember, if you ever need help related to your HP device,

We'll be right here and happy to help, take care and have an awesome day, ahead.

I'll go have my victory dance now. 😛

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.