Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP
Microsoft Windows 11

I received an email about upgrading to Instant Ink Platinum.  However, when I try to sign up, it will not let me use my Debit/Credit card.  I contacted Instant Ink and they gave me some run-around about getting a $60 pre paid credit and that in a few months I could convert.  I don't see how that will work because every time I try to submit my payment it says they only take credit cards.

I don't use credit cards.  Can anyone help.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Kstelter 

I doubt we can do anything - the subscription and contract are structured to work a certain way.

You apparently need a credit card to take advantage of the product.

The "run around" you describe sounds like an attempt by the Instant Ink support staff to provide a method you could use to work within the requirements and get what you want (a subscription to Instant Ink Platinum).  

Perhaps an agent will answer here and provide an solution other than the one provided by Instant Ink Support.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

For what it's worth, you can get a reloadable credit card from one of the big name credit providers -- like Visa, Amex's BlueBird, etc. You add as much cash as you want to them  (often without a fee) and aren't credit per se, though behave as credit cards when used for transactions and for applications such as this. You could get one and have it dedicated to your Instant Ink subscription and keep it topped up to cover the monthly fee. 

Good luck! 

HP Recommended

Sorry about the previous post; seems prepaid cards are just as problematic. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.