Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP Envy 4507
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi I have a HP Envy 4507 printer. Since I installed new cartridges from HP instant ink I constantly get an error message saying incompatible cartridge. At first I was able to get around it by removing the cartridge and reinstalling it. It would print 1 page before the error showed again. I have followed all the recommended steps, cleaned contacts, updated firmware etc, etc several times but now the error shows constantly and I cant print at all. I have noticed though that the ink cartridge number is different that what I used to use. Previously I used 301 cartridges but these new ones are 63/302. Are they the wrong cartridges for my printer? I have used the virtual agent several times with no solution and tried to email HP several times with no reply. I would appreciate any help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for replying @Gill221

Please check your private message 🙂

Thanks! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

I have found that I can print if I take the colour cartridge out, it is obviously a faulty colour cartridge but trying to get support from HP for this is absolutely zero. Their customer service is shocking. I will end up buying a new printer when there is nothing wrong with the one I have but it definitely won't be an HP one

HP Recommended

Hi @Gill221

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please send us a private message with your Instant Ink account details or you may also respond to the private message I've sent out and I'll help you out, accordingly. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it. 

Let me know. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, thankyou for your help. I can't see how to send a private message but I have checked my Instant Ink details are correct. My Printer is HP ENVY 4527, serial no [edit]. FPU no FOV63-64001.

Thanks again

Gill

HP Recommended

Thanks for replying @Gill221

Please check your private message 🙂

Thanks! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

HI,

I am in Australia and have an Officejet Pro 8600 plus and just installed a new Original HP black cartridge. (950XL)

The printer gives a warning, Incompatible Print Cartridges.

I have been back to the shop and exchanged the cartridgesfor a new set but the printer still give the same warning with the second cartridge and I cant use the printer.

What can I do as I need to use the printer?????

HP Recommended

Hi

Inserting a new cartridge solved the problem for me. Sorry I can't be more help. 

HP Recommended

HP Deskjet 4515 - keep getting incompatible cartridge, even though I only use genuine HP cartridges. Unable to print, unless I take out the black cartridge. Please advise.

HP Recommended

My printer keeps showing my ink is "incompatible" and my printer will no longer print any pages

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have an HP office jet 4650. Both ink cartridges are genuine HP, but I keep getting incompatible cartridge error messages. How do o fix this? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.