Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
03-18-2023 07:10 AM
Black cartridge error
I installed the black cartridge but a communication error comes out. I've tried logging in and out, updating the printer but it keeps giving me error.
how can I solve this problem?
03-21-2023 04:37 AM
Welcome to HP Support Community.
Thank you for posting your query. I will be glad to help you.
I see that you are facing cartridge issues with your HP ENVY Photo 6230 All-In-One Printer.
Please follow the steps listed below to clean the electrical contacts of the cartridges:
1. Turn the printer on.
2. Open the door to access the cartridges.
3. Wait until the carriage stops moving before you continue.
4. Remove the cartridge indicated in the error message from its slot, holding it by its side.
CAUTION: Do not touch the copper-colored contacts or the ink nozzles. Touching these parts can result in clogs, ink failure, and bad electrical connections.
5. Remove any protective tape that still might be on the contacts.
CAUTION: Do not touch or try to remove the copper electrical strip.
6. Lightly dampen a lint-free cloth with distilled water, and then clean only the copper-colored contacts on the cartridge.
7. Lightly dampen a lint-free cloth with distilled water and then clean the electrical contacts in the carriage, located inside the printer.
8. Wait 10 minutes for the contacts to dry.
9. Reinsert the cartridge.
10. Close the cartridge access door.
You may also refer to the steps in this document.
Let me know if this helps.
Take care and have a great day ahead.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!