Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
InkTank 310
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have been using the Ink Tank 310 for a couple of months. I never had this issue. At first, I thought the printer just ran out of ink. I checked and topped off some ink. Still, the issue persisted. Attached are the photos of the error that shows up every time I turn on the printer. The red led and the '!' in '0' flash on and off at one-second intervals.  [pic1: light off | pic2: light on]

I tried taking out the print-heads and cleaning the gold contacts and the print surface with rubbing alcohol. It didn't work.

At first, there were two dashes along the bottom (where the symbols for printheads are), now there is only one dash.

PS : I tried following this link to the solution. However the actual forward link returns 404

IMG_20200429_134418.jpgIMG_20200429_134417.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@ManoharOfficial, that's unfortunate. If the issue persists, I'm afraid this could be a hardware issue with the printer. Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer. 

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @ManoharOfficial

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.

Kindly perform steps 1 and 2 from this document. 

If the issue persists, please reach out to the HP Support in your region for further assistance.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have tried both steps. I refilled the Ink, tried removing and re-installing the printheads. The printer is giving the same error. 

HP Recommended

@ManoharOfficial, that's unfortunate. If the issue persists, I'm afraid this could be a hardware issue with the printer. Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer. 

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

Have a great day!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.