Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 9010 series
macOS 10.15 Catalina

I first enrolled the printer in Instant Ink last October. I recently had to do a factory reset of the printer. The printer is back on line. My computer sees it. My phone sees it. HP Smart reports it has an Active connection and an IP Address, Host Name, and Mac Address. The printer itself reports the same, and the online light on the front is on with no blinking.

The Instant Ink Status Page on the HP Smart Software says "Connected" in Green. 

But when I try to re-enroll the printer in Instant Ink it says "Cannot connect to printer now. Try again later."

I have brick, even though I am fully paid up. This is completely unacceptable.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@mgarbowski, Welcome to HP Support Community!

To assist you better, We would need some information related to your Instant Ink Subscription. This information cannot be shared on a public post.

I have sent you a private message, reply to the message with your details.

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Keep me posted.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Did you get a resolution to this?  I have exactly the same issue and urgently need to print. 

HP Recommended

Not quite.  I called Instant Ink tech support the same day I made the initial post, and after I spent more than 45 minutes working with tech support, he ended up deciding that the problem is not my printer but my cartridges.  Which is very annoying itself because the error message leads you to waste your time trying to fix the connectivity of the printer. But anyways, he ordered new cartridges for me, and on Friday 9/26 3 of the 4 new cartridges arrived in a single shipment.  But for some reason they decided to ship the red cartridge separately, and -- believe it or not -- they have not shipped it yet.  I have not been able to print since 9/23 and it's 9/27. 

I'm both puzzled and extremely angry.  If HP has run out of red cartridges then they have enormous problems. But if they have red cartridges there is no excuse for leaving me without one and shipping the other three to me without the red.  I mean, all the Instant Ink service does is (1) charge a monthly fee and (2) deliver ink on time. If they don't bother with the "deliver ink on time" part, then they're just charging people a monthly fee for nothing. Which is my current situation. HP is charging me a monthly fee for basically nothing. I have a set of nearly full cartridges that their authorization process zapped. I have 3/4 of another set that doesn't do me much god. And I have a basically useless brick in the shape of a printer sitting on my desk that HP sold me and won't deliver ink in a timely fashion even though I pay a monthly fee that promises ""You won't get cartridges every month, but you will always have ink when you need it"

That's simply not true. I need ink, and don't have it, and HP can't even tell me when they will deliver it because delivering one red ink cartridge is too hard for them right now.

Good luck.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the tip.   I changed the cartridge and the printer now prints again.  It's weird that a factory reset kills the cartridge. Hope you get your replacement cartridge sorted 

HP Recommended

Three days later and TEJ1602 has not responded further, either here or in my response to his private message,

All I need from HP is a red ink cartridge.  All the Instant Ink service is supposed to do is ship ink,  but that seems to be beyond your capabilities now.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.