Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended

My Tango X continues to say the color cartridge is full, but does not print any color

HP Recommended

@jgski

As per your post, you have mentioned that you took the ink cartridges to a store and got it replaced. So I assume the printer is not enrolled in Instant Ink?

Are you using regular HP ink cartridges?

Keep me posted for further assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am having this same issue! I just replaced my tri-color ink and now my black ink says it's not compatible with with the printer. I've done all the steps it's asked & I'm officially beyond frustrated now! Please help! 😄

HP Recommended

@Mama2Grace Do you have an instant Ink cartridge or are you subscribed with the HP Instant Ink program? Did you remove, clean and then reconnect the cartridges?

Also, please ensure the complete product name/number for a quicker response from the community, as we need to know what we are dealing with to provide an accurate solution: 

Click here for steps on finding the information we need!

Remember: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello, I have the same problem.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem too. Ink cartridge error, no way to fix (have tried all the "remedies" with no luck at all).

What gets me is that the error stops Instant Ink replacement from working, and if I replace the cartridge myself (which I shouldn't have to do as I have paid for new cartridges already, haven't I?) it will not recognise it as an Instant Ink cartridge and that will also prevent me from ever getting any replacements under the Instant Ink "service".

So this "service", that I have been paying for, is a waste of money, as I will never receive any new cartridges, even when the ones I have become faulty through no fault of my own. Because of this I have been forced to throw good money after bad away by purchasing the extortionate one-off support call, for which the email I am supposed to get has not materialised, so I have been conned out of this money also. I really feel that I have been ripped-off, having paid £24 so far for Instant Ink and this £18 for a non-existant support call. It's really not fair and not very good, HP. I will probably have to shell out for another printer now, and it will certainly not be an HP one!

HP Recommended

@RXXM, @alexmidd  

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.

As the issue is related to Instant ink cartridges, I need more information to help you out.

Since the instant ink account details are confidential, please send me the required information via private message.

I am sending you a private message with the information required.

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem with my HP envy 7134. Always on HP instant ink cartridges. Have followed the cleaning instructions, printer reset, even got a new cartridge via instant ink and problem persists. Please help.

HP Recommended

@Peter186

If you have tried the steps and a new Instant ink cartridge, but the error persists, please contact our HP Support team for Service Options as it could be a possible hardware issue:

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Select your product type below.

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Select the appropriate option based on your preference.

6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello, HP Team,

We, too, are having the cartridge errors on our HP Envy 5665 with the black cartridge, also enrolled with Instant Ink. Tried cleaning, alignment, etc.. 

When printing, it will pause, say to replace the cartridge. If we lift the lid and let it close, it will continue printing and display the error again. Sometimes it gets through a page or two between displaying the error. Other times, we can't even get through printing a picture without the error appearing several times.

What do you need from us to replace these Instant Ink cartridges? They are still fairly full of ink, so I'm sure the system won't send us one already without manual intervention.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.