Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended

Hi HalfBit

I eventually received a new black cartridge through the support agent only to have my printer exhibit the error " print head faulty or missing". Bought a new printer - PROBLEM SOLVED!

PS. I did buy another HP printer as I had four years of problem free printing previously.

HP Recommended

HP Envy 4524

Error Message 

The indicated cartridges are not intended for this printer

The cartridges were supplied by instant ink some time ago

The colour cartridge is empty and I have not received a replacement   instant ink cannot read the ink levels until the error message is cleared

I cannot clear the error message

Bibbin42

HP Recommended

Hi @HalfBit, @Bobbin42

Please try these steps - HP Inkjet Printers - Ink Cartridge Errors

Have you checked you HP Instant Ink account page? Your Instant Ink account page will have notifications if there are any issues with the account or recent cartridge shipment, it will even provide solutions on how to fix the issue. You may log in to your HP Instant Ink account page from here.

If the suggested information can't be found, please send us a private message with your Instant Ink account details and I'll help you out, accordingly. 

Let me know. 

Have a great day!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

My printer suddenly stopped in the middle of printing a document. Error message re the tricolour Instant Ink cartridge.  I have followed all the steps suggested on the printer, using the support pages and the Virtual Assistant including printer reset, firmware update, cleaning cartridge and contacts, etc I have done this several times but still not working. 
I have used the virtual assistant chat line several times but am just going round in circles with suggestions I have already tried - many times.  In my account it states that a new cartridge will not be shipped because of the error.

At my wits end.  Please help.

Thank you

HP Recommended

@Raffles3 Greetings from the HP Community!

Note: Please ensure the complete product name/number for a quicker response from the community, as we need to know what we are dealing with to provide an accurate solution: 

Click here for steps on finding the information we need!

Remember: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

If you've got the same printer as that of the OP, did you try these steps as well: click here for details.

To thank us for our effort's to help you, give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, and have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I'm also having this same problem all of a sudden. The cartridges are only about half way through the ink, when the Tri colour one has suddenly said "Tri-colour Cartridge: Not Intended for Us in Current Device". I've gone through all the self help things of resetting the firmware, cleaning the cartridge, switching the printer on and off, but to no avail.

Please can you tell me what can be done....I'm thinking that a new cartridge would help, but I can't see where I can order a new one from?

This is very frustrating, as up to now, the printer has performed faultlessly.

Thanks

Andy

HP Recommended

My printer is HP ENVY 5544. I am on the instant ink monthly package. My account shows the error and will not dispatch another cartridge until the error is fixed. Meanwhile I have a printer which won't print!  Please advise.

Thank you

HP Recommended

I am also having the same issue. My printer does not want to read the black or color cartridge since they were replaced.

HP Recommended

Please help, I'm going round in circles here.... tried everything so many times. Getting no response from this forum other than what I have already done. Bottom line is the cartridge is obviously faulty but my plan will not dispatch another until the error is solved 😠

HP Recommended

Hi

I'm having the same problem with my tri-colour cartridge. I have worked through the suggested remedial steps but the cartridge failure message keeps coming back.

Can you help?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.