Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
Officejet 5740
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello.  I recently subscribed to HP Instant Ink at the 300 page level, and have a bit of a question/issue with the plan.  As it stands, I currently use my printer for hobby/photo work, resulting in me using higher quality settings (all other settings lead to clear streaking, distortions, etc.).  As a result, a single tricolor cartridge is good for only 60 pages, give or take a few.  As it stands, the time it takes to receive a replacement cartridge will yield me at best 4 cartridges in a month, meaning I'll only be able to print 230-260 pages.  I would like to know if this is what I should expect going forward (i.e. that I effectively only have a 250 page plan instead of 300 due to my color ink usage), or if there's some aspect of the plan that I'm not aware of (perhaps the timing of the shipments adapts to usage somehow).  

Note that I currently am sitting at  191 pages, and that the shipment on its way will be the last I could expect to receive this month.  I receive one color cartridge at a time, and the notification on the site seems to appear when I have about 15-20% of my color ink left, good for an average of a day or two/10-20 pages.  The black cartridge is the one I originally received, and will be replaced with one that was shipped to me some time ago, so black ink is not at all an issue.

I do not use this printer for any other printing (i.e. documents, writing, etc.) so I've little else I would use the remaining pages each month on, and would effectively never dip into the rollover pages given this limit.

I will note that I have no significant issue with still getting 250 color pages out of the monthly plan; it's still quite worth the cost.  I'm only asking this to make sure I have all the information I need regarding how much I'll be able to print in the future, and to determine any options I have regarding the lost pages each month.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi! @rrty2,

I'm not sure why are able to print only 60 quality printouts. It sounds like a print quality issue. 

So I suggest you to try the steps from the document to solve the print quality issues. Click Here

As you mentioned you are on a 300 pages plan and you print only 250 to260 pages a month.

I suggest you change the plan to 200 pages plan, as you will get 200 pages + 200 Roll over pages which would suffice your printing needs.

Also, you are billed on the number of pages you print and not the number of ink cartridges you use.

Refer this article to know more information about instant ink plan and services. Click Here

“Your Instant Ink account page has data on past deliveries and estimated shipments.  It also helps you understand what state your cartridges are in based on HP’s data.  Any issues will be shown with steps to fix.  Please check your account page to see the latest cartridge information by signing into your account at “instantink.com

Laslty, if you are in need in the ink cartridges, please share us few details through a private message. So I can check the account details and ship you the replacement ink cartridges at an express shipment.

Instant ink account number-

Instant ink email address-

Shipping address-

Let me know if this helps!

You have a good day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi! @rrty2,

I'm not sure why are able to print only 60 quality printouts. It sounds like a print quality issue. 

So I suggest you to try the steps from the document to solve the print quality issues. Click Here

As you mentioned you are on a 300 pages plan and you print only 250 to260 pages a month.

I suggest you change the plan to 200 pages plan, as you will get 200 pages + 200 Roll over pages which would suffice your printing needs.

Also, you are billed on the number of pages you print and not the number of ink cartridges you use.

Refer this article to know more information about instant ink plan and services. Click Here

“Your Instant Ink account page has data on past deliveries and estimated shipments.  It also helps you understand what state your cartridges are in based on HP’s data.  Any issues will be shown with steps to fix.  Please check your account page to see the latest cartridge information by signing into your account at “instantink.com

Laslty, if you are in need in the ink cartridges, please share us few details through a private message. So I can check the account details and ship you the replacement ink cartridges at an express shipment.

Instant ink account number-

Instant ink email address-

Shipping address-

Let me know if this helps!

You have a good day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Based on the Instant Ink website, there is no 200 page plan at this time.  Additionally, I am aware that any "express" shipments come with a significant added cost.

I was only curious if HP's system eventually learned from use, and shipped ink in a manner consistent with it, perhaps even ensuring that a customer has a reserve cartridge in hand if their usage warrants it.  

I appreciate your effort in providing an answer to this subject, and I'll consider this acceptable for now.

HP Recommended

Hi! @rrty2,

Thanks for the update and I understand your concern.

Yes, the instant ink should automatically order the ink when the ink is low. However, if the printer is not connected to the internet for a certain period there might be issues with the account.

However, don't worry I have refreshed your instant ink account and next time it should order the ink when it is low.

Take Care! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.