Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HPTango

HP Instant Ink sent me an email saying that I need to connect my printer to the internet so they can see how much ink I am using. Obviously it is connected to the internet when I use it, but because I don't  use it every day I only switch the machine on when I am printing, I don't keep it on all the time. My question is, do I have to keep my printer on and connected to the internet constantly for HP to be able to monitor my ink supply? It sounds like an awful waste of electricity to me.

Am i just being a stick in the mid or does everyone keep their home printer on at all times?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

No you dont need to keep it connected all the time. The reason you get these mails is because they cannot see how much you've printed, and so they cannot guarantee that you will get your ink in time before it runs out. If you rarely print anything it's nothing to worry about. When you print, it will be connected and you can visit your instant ink page to update.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.