Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended

I have the same issue, been paying monthly for the ink subscription, problem with black cartridge and only every had one in the last 18 months.  Printer not used hardly at all especially through lockdown, out of warranty as of Nov 2019 and throwing the same error.  Can't get another ink cartridge sent and apparently I now need to purchase support!  Not happy

HP Recommended

Received the new black cartridge and I have the the same error message.  My warranty ended August 22. Yay.

HP Recommended

Hi Kumar0307. The printer that I am using is HP Envy Photo 6234, Yes I am using the instant ink cartridges and as far as I know the color one is ok, but not sure.

Since I have been having this problem with the error message, I have started to turn off the printer at night, then if I want something printed the next day I turn the printer back on and it 'sometimes' prints the document out, but only 'one page, sometimes' and when it does print the document is printed lovely and clear. So obviously the printer works fine, but not when it displays the error message.....grrrrrrr

HP Recommended

Am working on something and my black ink cartridge stopped working and tells me to reinstall.  I shook it to see if it was empty and it still has ink in it.  I've reinstalled it several times with no success.  To make matters worse, I haven't received any ink from HPINK in quite a long time -- more like a  year+.  I angry now because I don't have a new cartridge.  Your website and virtual assistant are useless.  Can't tell you how many times I had to go back to start.  

HP Recommended

My HP Photo ENVY 6234 tells me to remove colour cartridge and reinstall.  I have done this over several days  with still no ability to print.  No cartridge has come from Instant Ink...its disappointingly less instant than I was promised!  I resorted to giving the colour cartridge a shake in case the contents had settled out/dried up but i am still unable to print.  I need ink now please.  It is very frustrating and at this rate I shall have to cancel my contract!

HP Recommended

I cant find anywhere which says private message

HP Recommended

I have the same problem.  I was sent a new cartridge which worked for a little while,  now I get the same problem.  I remove the cartridge, it prints a page,  and reverts to the error message again.  I cannot get someone to talk to.  I am a subscriber so all ink is sent to me by post when HP determines it is needed. The new Colour cartridge is much smaller than the previous one. I have installed an old one, and this is working fine,  but the ink is depleted.  I too,  want a replacement for which I feel I should not have to pay.  

HP Recommended

I also pay monthly for HP Instant Ink and I cannot print anything in colour as there is a problem with the cartridge. When you try to get help all you get is a bot called Virtual Agent which is not helpful. I have cleaned the cartridge and tried all the trouble shooting steps many times. Can HP please make it easier for people with cartridge problems to order a replacement? Please help as I can only print in black & white!

HP Recommended

I have the same problem with my colour ink cartridge and had the same problem a few months ago with my black cartridge! The HP support pages are very hard navigated and I also spent SO much time to even find a way to contact support! I can’t even find where to send a private message to your support as you mentioned above. It feels a bit like you make it as difficult as possible to contact you so that people with buy new cartridges instead of requesting a new one even if you pay a monthly fee so you shouldn’t have to do that. It’s very frustrating! 

HP Recommended

When I try to send a private message to support I need a contact name/support name to be able to send a message. WHERE is that found? It’s really bad of you to “hide” your contact channels for support since I can see that many, many of us are having the same problems with the cartridges even though we pay a monthly fee to never run out of ink/to always be able to print. I’m very disappointed and I can see in the community that I’m not alone. Please can I get in contact with support to get a new cartridge that is working???

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.