Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
Dell XPS 8920
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Two days ago I got a "cartridge problem" error for my color cartridge. I've tried all the troubleshooting steps as shown on the support website for this error with no resolution (cleaned contacts on cartridge & printer, pulled pwer cord to reset printer, reseated cartrided). I would like to request a new color cartridge as I don't have one on hand. I can't get through to live chat or phone support.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @beabean, @blastu

Welcome to the HP Support Community. Apologies for the inconvenience caused. I'd be happy to assist you.

As the issue is related to Instant ink cartridges, I need more information to help you out.

Since the instant ink account details are confidential, please send me the required information via private message.

I am sending you a private message with the information required.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

132 REPLIES 132
HP Recommended

I have the same problem, only with a black cartridge, error message asking to reinstall, which I have, and still same error message. The cartridge is obviously faulty, but I cannot find anywhere on the HP site as an instant ink subscriber where you can report this and get a replacement. The virtual assistant is useless, just sends you around in circles, and I cannot even find a telephone number on site to speak to a real person. I have spent a fortune in subscription fees and am pretty sure am ending up paying over the odds for this ink which seems to work fine until you have a problem. Come on HP this is a racket, prove me wrong and show me how to get a replacement cartridge pronto as I need my printer for work!!

HP Recommended

Hi @beabean, @blastu

Welcome to the HP Support Community. Apologies for the inconvenience caused. I'd be happy to assist you.

As the issue is related to Instant ink cartridges, I need more information to help you out.

Since the instant ink account details are confidential, please send me the required information via private message.

I am sending you a private message with the information required.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Similar to other who posted here, I am subscribed to HP instant ink.  My printer was inactive  for 2 months as I was a snowbird in another state.  When I returned and attempted to print a color document, the result was poor and I got an error message saying to replace the color cartridges (which had been shipped in November 2019).  I did so using the new cartridges.  The print quality was still very poor.  I went through all the steps outlined in the support documents.  The test documents improved with successive "head cleaning" -- but the blue and yellow cartridges never put out any ink.  I think I was shipped defective cartridges.  In an attempt to verify this hypothesis, I purchased and installed new HP color cartridges.  I then learned that the printer would not accept the new cartridges -- even though they were genuine HP products... (lame).   Now I'm stuck..  I can't print color documents, I can't find a human being to talk to about this....  help!!

HP Recommended

Hi - I have the same problem. The colour ink cartridge has run out and I have not been sent a new one. I have been paying for ink subscription for almost 3 years now and have only ever received 1 ink cartridge through the post. I now need a colour ink cartridge and keep getting an error message on the printer. There is now way to contact anyone at HP for help on this, so very unhappy with the service. 

HP Recommended

@Et2000, Welcome to HP Support Community!

To assist you better, We would need some information related to your Instant Ink Subscription. This information cannot be shared on a public post.

I have sent you a private message, reply to the message with your details.

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Keep me posted.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have a similar issue. I followed the troubleshooting guidlines through the virtual assistant but nothing solved, I cannot get in touch with any live assistants nor is it giving me any options to send an email etc. Just printed 20 pages off and the black ink is clogged even after several clean and alignment attempts. I need a new black cartridge and the documents need to be amended on my monthly tally. Please help,

Dale.

HP Recommended

Hi - please can you send me a colour ink cartridge as per my subscription as my current one does not work. 

HP Recommended

@Et2000

I have sent you a private message, please respond for further assistance.

Thanks for understanding!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am having the same issue and I cant seem too communicate with someone to replace my cartridge. Can anyone help?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.