Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 7730
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, just in this time i have no chance to write in the german language community. Therefore i will try here and i hope i become an answer.

My Last Printer was a Officejet 6950 with instant ink monthly abo.

Because i become some problems with this printer (now he is  ready again through help in this forum and i can to sell the printer 6950)

I buy a new and better and faster printer  Officejet Pro 7730  - because i have more to print and to works with a Printer.

I took it for granted that instant ink is also possible for this printer. I even advertised instant ink to friends that this was a very good method and system. And now my printer doesn't seem to be suitable for instant ink at all.

I am completely perplexed.

Why not? Can I do anything? Buying all that with new cartridges over and over is just too expensive for me. I can understand why a number of customers would rather buy compatible, cheaper refill cartridges. If there is no other alternative from HP, I am very disappointed.
This is not a customer-friendly system, there is instant ink for certain printers and for others not.

Thank you for an answer

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Officejet Pro 7730 is A3 wide format printer, A3 printers are not supported for instant ink. You can find list of instant ink supported printers under FAQ https://instantink.hpconnected.com/us/en/l/ 

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for your answer. And for all the Reader for my answert message:  I use for this long answer google translator german - english 😏

:

But of course that still doesn't satisfy me. I had used instant ink in a kind of 'normalcy' so far and now assumed that practically every HP inkjet printer would be capable of instant ink. (Except for lasers) I just don't think it's fair to private customers like me, whose budget is limited for expensive ink cartridges. An alternative offer from HP would certainly have been recommended here. This strategy is beyond my understanding.
If you consider: the first replacement of new cartridges costs practically as much as my printer as a device itself cost. In addition, it was not so easy to get really cheap and at the same time quickly available devices in Germany, and here I simply accessed the 7730 from a discounter. In view of the reality, I am of course annoyed a little about myself that I have taken something for granted with this offer that it is capable of instant ink. At the same time, I wish that the people responsible for private customer strategy and customer acquisition would send my lines to HP management. Maybe one or the other calls it here in the forum as 'criticism' at a high level - where surviving the Corona crisis is certainly much more important - but I still lack an alternative, at least for private customers, given the enormously high cartridge prices. I remain a convinced HP printer buyer, but I would appreciate a little more 'customer flexibility' here.
The best wishes for everyone here, to survive the Corona time healthy and greetings from Germany

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.