Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended

Still being advertised on the site that the Free plan is available...

Very disappointed HP isn't being more transparent about why they're cancelling this for certain users - especially those who aren't 'abusing' the plan. 

HP Recommended

I looked on the website today - 2nd November - and I can still sign up for a free plan. It looks like a very poorly organised and underhand change to a policy that encouraged lots of customers to buy their HP printers.

I'm still using the original cartridges that came with my printer which would have worked even if I hadn't signed up for the free instant ink plan. I would hope that they continue to work once I have cancelled my plan?

HP Recommended

According to HP support, the original cartridges that came with the printer i.e. the cartridges bought and owned by me and are still 3/4 full will no longer work when I cancel my Instant Ink account. Is this not theft?

If customers who do not want to move to a paid plan and are still on the original cartridges which are owned by them then HP should either 're-activate' them or provide replacement cartridges to enable customers to revert to the position they were in when they bought their printers.

HP Recommended

I think you are wrong (or either someone told you wrong or misunderstood you): any original cartridge (no instant ink ones!) will work fine, even after you remove the Instant Ink cartridges and even after you ended your instant ink plan. Normal cartridges have no "internet check" or whatever you want to call it. If normal cartridges would really stop working after you cancel your plan, any cartridges would stop working, not only the ones that came with the printer(I suppose the bundled cartridges were normal ones and not instant ink ones). This would render the printer completely useless... and I'm pretty sure it doesn't work like that...

HP Recommended

The cartridges that came with my printer were 'instant ink ready'. As they have been enrolled in instant ink HP Support say there's no going back. As I've cancelled my instant ink account, I've now only got the remainder of my billing period to use my printer before it becomes useless as you put it.

I'd rather use another printer than continue to use HP.

HP Recommended

They have finally updated the website and the free plan is gone 😞

HP Recommended

Yeah. Noticed that too... At the moment I cannot buy any new printer and any cartridges but if I had the money I'd definitely change printer with another brand. And since I would pay 25€ or more for 2 cartridges (1xblack and 1xcolor), that probably would dry before finishin them, I'll stick with this plan for now....

HP Recommended

The startup ink cartridges should still work.  I enrolled my new printer yesterday.  Then I did factory default to fix Smart Task problem.  Now Instant Ink shows "disabled" on the printer.  The Instant Ink website shows the printer cannot be connected.  The support and I could fixed the issue yet.  But putting the issue aside, the printer can still print using the startup ink cartridges.    

HP Recommended

@kumar0307 Hope this helps? Are you an imbecile? Accept this answer  as solution? What solution? Can you even read? How can you use stock phrases like this when people are terminally disappointed about HP's deceptive practices.

I have recommended dozens of HP printers over the life of the Instant Ink program to family, friends, and businesses. Screw that. I will tell people to stay away from HP like the plague (Corona?) and will evangelize others about the evils of HP as well.

For details on other horrible HP practices, google" EFF Ink-stained wretches". 

Don't make a mess of it!
HP Recommended

I will be interested to know if this is true.  Appears like everything else on the page you have to weigh in the various levels of truth...

By cancelling my enrollment, I acknowledge:

(_) HP Instant Ink cartridges will no longer work after my final billing cycle. I will need to purchase regular cartridges.
(_) Once my billing cycle ends, I will receive one final bill of FREE plus any additional charges for extra pages printed.

Cancellation will take place at the end of your billing cycle, on Dec 7, 2020.

You may use HP Instant Ink cartridges for the remainder of this billing cycle. We hope to better serve you in the future.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.