Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP Envy 4500
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am an Instant Ink subscriber, but when I try to login to my account, it always wants me to sign up. I can login to HP connected with no problem, but it doesn't recognize that I already have signed up for Instant Ink. It's very frustrating.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi! @bstarkey,

Try checking the account after some time see if the issue persists.

You can sign into the instant ink page using this link. Click Here

“Your Instant Ink account page has data on past deliveries and estimated shipments.  It also helps you understand what state your cartridges are in based on HP’s data.  Any issues will be shown with steps to fix.  Please check your account page to see the latest cartridge information by signing into your account at “instantink.com

Turn the printer off, wait 10 seconds, and then turn the printer back on. It may automatically connect to the Internet.  

1. Depending on where the error message displays, touch or press OK on the printer control panel, or click OK on the computer.

The printer attempts to connect.

2. If a No Wireless or Connection Error message displays on the computer or the printer, go to the Wireless printing center (in English) to learn how to troubleshoot problems with your wireless network or Internet connection.

3. Once your printer is connected to the Internet with an active connection, go to hpinstantink.com/signin (the HP Connected website) to sign in to your HP Instant Ink account, if you are not signed in already.

4. At the top of the Status area on your HP Instant Ink account page, click the refresh icon  . Look for a green checkmark and Online to make sure your printer is connected to the HP Instant Ink service.

Clicking the refresh icon and making sure the printer is online

5. If the printer is connected to the Internet, but the printer status on your Instant Ink account page continues to display Offline after clicking the refresh icon , wait and try again later.

Also, if the issue still persists, please share us few details through a private message. So I can check the account details and help you with the issue.

Instant ink account number-

Instant ink email address-

Let me know how this works!

You have a good day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi! @bstarkey,

Try checking the account after some time see if the issue persists.

You can sign into the instant ink page using this link. Click Here

“Your Instant Ink account page has data on past deliveries and estimated shipments.  It also helps you understand what state your cartridges are in based on HP’s data.  Any issues will be shown with steps to fix.  Please check your account page to see the latest cartridge information by signing into your account at “instantink.com

Turn the printer off, wait 10 seconds, and then turn the printer back on. It may automatically connect to the Internet.  

1. Depending on where the error message displays, touch or press OK on the printer control panel, or click OK on the computer.

The printer attempts to connect.

2. If a No Wireless or Connection Error message displays on the computer or the printer, go to the Wireless printing center (in English) to learn how to troubleshoot problems with your wireless network or Internet connection.

3. Once your printer is connected to the Internet with an active connection, go to hpinstantink.com/signin (the HP Connected website) to sign in to your HP Instant Ink account, if you are not signed in already.

4. At the top of the Status area on your HP Instant Ink account page, click the refresh icon  . Look for a green checkmark and Online to make sure your printer is connected to the HP Instant Ink service.

Clicking the refresh icon and making sure the printer is online

5. If the printer is connected to the Internet, but the printer status on your Instant Ink account page continues to display Offline after clicking the refresh icon , wait and try again later.

Also, if the issue still persists, please share us few details through a private message. So I can check the account details and help you with the issue.

Instant ink account number-

Instant ink email address-

Let me know how this works!

You have a good day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.