Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended

Note from moderators: this message was originally posted in another topic, but it was moved to a new one to give more visibility for volunteers that help customers in the Community.

Original topic URL: MY OfficeJet Pro 8610 can't connect my instant ink account - HP Support Community - 8556325

Reply:

Same issue with my OfficeJet Pro 8620. HP Smart shows that my printer connected with the service on Nov 12, 2022 6:15 PM. Since then my printer stopped syncing with the instant ink service. The printer connects just fine with both WiFI and Ethernet cable - no problems printing. Yet it keeps saying that it can't connect to the Internet.

Were there any changes made server side that prevent our printers syncing with the service?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

It seems I managed to resolve this problem after following steps from https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/HP-Instant-Ink/All-officejet-pro-8610-printers-no-longer-working-with/... post. I had to remove existing Web Services configuration and set this up fresh. This process also generated a new email address and claim code for my printer (different than the previous one). After a couple of tries retries my printer successfully synced with HP Instant Ink.

xzyvvy_1-1670815461908.png

It seems that this issue could be a widespread problem. It seems like it was caused by a server side change and this situation should never happen. Less tech savvy folks might have some trouble solving it.

Still thank you for figuring out the solution!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

It seems I managed to resolve this problem after following steps from https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/HP-Instant-Ink/All-officejet-pro-8610-printers-no-longer-working-with/... post. I had to remove existing Web Services configuration and set this up fresh. This process also generated a new email address and claim code for my printer (different than the previous one). After a couple of tries retries my printer successfully synced with HP Instant Ink.

xzyvvy_1-1670815461908.png

It seems that this issue could be a widespread problem. It seems like it was caused by a server side change and this situation should never happen. Less tech savvy folks might have some trouble solving it.

Still thank you for figuring out the solution!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.