Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
Hp envy 4520
Other

My printer is not working. I am printing from my phone, which i am capable of doing so, and should not have a problem with. My color ink is near full, my black ink  is soon to be finish but still enough for some more printing jobs. When i print out it acts like its printing, but when finished its a blank sheet. There is enough ink, and there is enough paper. I've  had it for a long time but haven't used it enough for it to be non usable any more. I haven't used it in quite sometime, but it still looks brand new. Im not sure what to do, and my warranty is expired.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Niyaa1

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I understand the printer is printing blank pages. I'd be happy to assist you.

Try making a standalone copy and check if that works. By this, we can conclude if this is a hardware or a driver issue.

It seems like the ink cartridges are dried up as you have not used it for a while.

If it has been a month or two, then we will have to clean the ink cartridges.

Clean the ink cartridges

1. On the printer control panel, swipe the display to the left, then touch Setup.

2. Touch Tools, then touch Clean Cartridges.

3. If the print quality is unacceptable, click Yes when prompted to perform the next level of cleaning.

4. NOTE: If the printhead is badly clogged, it might require another cleaning cycle. If so, wait 30 minutes before you perform both levels of cleaning again.

Print a Print Quality Diagnostic report

1. On the printer control panel, swipe the display to the left, and then touch Setup.

2. Touch Tools.

3. Swipe up on the display, and then touch Print Quality Report.

If the issue persists, perform step 13 from this document.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.