Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
Envy 5050 / 5030
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

OK - Frustrated is not the word!

I had a problem with 3 week old ENVY 5050 printer, Spoke to the support desk and very helpful lady asked me to try lots of things, sadly none of these worked. She arranged to send my a replacement. inconvenient as newly working from home and rely on a printer. But manageable to wait the 3 days  for delivery.

Bingo new printer arrives as planned and I can steam in to my workload. Ahh no I cant!

My 3 week old printer has been replaced with a shoddy looking ENVY 5030, badge hanging off and everything. Annoyed but al least I can print now whilst we sort the issue of the replacement. Ahh no I cant!

So my old Insta Ink cartridges wont work in the replacement printer! Now even more than annoyed possibly fuming I

go to my account,  it wont let me order more ink as it says may cartridges are full. Now I'm spitting feathers!

Talk to an agent on whats app messenger (Jane) Jane cant solve the problem and tells me to call. She cant arrange to get them to call me as that would be far to easy a solution, all the time still not working, not earning much needed cash to try and stay afloat in these times,

I call and it is answered very quickly, that good, Ahh no its not!

The guy who takes my call says he cant help me but will get me a call back to resolve the issue.

Ok a call back is good yes? Ahhh no, not if you don't get one its not!

Go online and buy 2 small cartridges costing me £30 odd pounds! Will print 100 pages, with insta ink contract I get 300 pages for £7.99 so now I can at least start to earn some money when these arrive but find myself £22+ out of pocket , because nobody thought to add new cartridges to my replacement delivery.

The next morning I am back on the phone whilst waiting for my online order to arrive, this time a long wait. I get it Covid -19 is causing issues however I was promised a call back the day before. I am beyond angry now.

Finally I speak to a lady who is understanding and says Cartridges are in stock and she will get some sent out that day, However express delivery is taking 3 days . This is Wednesday so i should get by ink by Saturday, Okay I can get by with my 100 online pages that cost me £30 until then, I have a back log of work and printing to do. So grateful to this lady.

Okay so now I want the issue with the replacement printer sorted. I explained that replacing a brand new printer with a lower 3 year old printer (1st registered in 2017 according to the serial number and warranty check on HP site)  is like returning a brand new car with 200 miles on it for it to be replaced with a 3 year old car, yes its been serviced but it has many more miles  on the clock and also a bit dented. She could do nothing but agree but also nothing to resolve this, she kindly arranges for a call back from her supervisor.

After a few hour and very much to my surprise I get the call back,

Again a very sympathetic gentleman, takes all the details agrees its not right but is surprised I did not return it to  the vendor I purchased  it from. I advise him that on my 1st call the lady went through the attempts to fix it the advised she would arrange the replacement so i followed the instructions given to me by HP. If I had returned the printer to the vendor would they have replaced them with the same option they sent me? I think not.

Understanding the guy took all the details and promised me he would sort something and call me back, he also said" let me check your Ink is being despatched so at least you can work". He checked and confirmed all was in hand.

Ok so guess what? Did I get a call back? Obviously the answer in no! Did my Ink arrive mmmm No!

Looking at Ista ink account it has no tracking number against it so I would guess its not even been processed yet.

Its the weekend and nobody to talk to at HP only a very annoying virtual chatbot that is off little or no use to man or beast.

Please HP / Insta Ink read this and respond. Just tell me what is going on even if its what I don't want to hear it.  Your silence shows your lack of respect for your customer, almost an arrogance that I need you more than you need me.

By Monday 12 noon I expect a resolve to have been put in place and a call informing me how you will achieve this.

Enjoy working and earning money whilst the people you neglect struggle to work with out your product. Enjoy your weekend not working and your Sunday Roast that I cant afford.

Thank you 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Ok it’s 1am in the UK and HP email me a number in the USA to call! 
what a joke!

please HP can you ring me later today Sunday at a sociable hour to finally resolve this.

The cost of calling the US is not something else I am prepared to shell out for.

Hp - sort your act out

HP Recommended

@Jhillyer

Hello, 

The phone number that was listed here is of a spammer. 

HP does not post phone numbers online. 

Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".

As for your issue, I have escalated this to an appropriate team who can assist you. 

Thank you. 

HP Recommended

Hi @Jhillyer

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.

We are experiencing longer than expected wait times to reach an agent due to the CoViD-19 impact and there might have been issues in you getting the expected resolution on the issue. Apologies for the same.

I understand your concern and I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/First-Time-Here-Learn-How-to-Post-and-More/How-To-Send-A-Private-Messa...

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.