11-04-2019 03:16 PM
I purchased an HP OfficeJet 5255 in Sept 2019
On November 4th I replaced both the Color & Black and White printer cartridges.
After installing the new HP cartridges I printed the alignment page. It appeared fine in color.
I received an error message that the Alignment was not recognized.
I attempted to print and the page produced was blank.
I attempted to make a copy and the page produced was blank.
I removed the cartridges and disconnected the printer from power and USB.
I reinstalled the new cartridges. I got the same result as before.
No copy no printing.
11-07-2019 03:29 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the ink cartridge issue.
Let's try these steps to reset the printer -
1) Take out the cartridges.
2) Unplug the power cord from the printer & wall.
3) Wait for 30 seconds.
4) Plug the power cord back into the printer and wall, ensure the printer is plugged into the wall & not to a surge protector.
5) Insert the cartridges back into the printer.
Also, try updating the printer's firmware. Refer to this document for step by step instructions - HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware
If the issue still persists, try manually cleaning the ink cartridges. You'll need -
1) Clean, dry foam-rubber swabs or a clean, lint-free cloth
2) Distilled or bottled water (tap water might damage the ink cartridge or the printer)
Refer to step# 3, 4 and 5 from this document for instructions to clean the electrical contacts.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee