Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 5260 All-in-One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just bought and set up a HP OfficeJet 5260 All-in-One printer which came with Instant Ink which I set up during the initial set up of the printer.  The first time I turned off the printer and powered it back on I got a message on the printer display saying that Instant Ink was CANCELLED!!  The initial set up said I have $120 prepaid which I don't want to lose.  How do I "uncancel" it so I get the cartridges?  Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Hammerhead1024

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Try rebooting the devices -

1) Turn off the Router, Printer, and the computer/ mobile devices.

2) Wait for 60 seconds.

3) Turn on the Router first and wait for all the lights to stabilize.

4) Turn on the printer and allow it to configure itself.

5) Turn on the computer/ mobile devices. 

Also, have you checked you HP Instant Ink account page? Your Instant Ink account page will have notifications if there are any issues with the account or recent cartridge shipment, it will even provide solutions on how to fix the issue. You may log in to your HP Instant Ink account page from here.

If the suggested information can't be found, please send us a private message with your Instant Ink account details or you may also respond to the private message I've sent out and I'll help you out, accordingly. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it. 

Let me know. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I'm not sure what happened here.  One thing I forgot to mention is I connnected to the printer with a browser and on the "Web Services" page it said "HP Instant Ink Disabled" with no way that I saw to change it to "Enabled."  I just turned it on and connected and it now says "Enabled."  I went to my HP Instant Ink account page and clicked the blue "Contact printer" button and it updated the no. of pages printed.  So it now seems to be working for some reason.  Ink Status says a couple of cartidges are on the way so I'll wait to see if they arrrive.

Thanks for your advice Asmita.

HP Recommended

@Hammerhead1024

That's great! Happy to hear that. If you need further assistance feel free to reach out to us. 

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.