Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP Envy 4500 series

I upgraded my home printer and switched my instant ink billing details to my new printer. I took my old printer into work - I work in a school with a small group of Classroom Assistants and we have our own room and computer to use so a printer is needed. Recently the printer started giving the message that printing would be blocked soon if not connected to instant ink - however, our secure system in school is not supported by the printer, so I can't add it to my account while connected in school. It has now stopped printing. How do I get around this?  Surely I can't be the only person who doesn't use the printer without being connected to instant ink? I still had some print cartridges left from before I upgraded the printer and have been using them up - is this causing the problem? Do I need to change them to regular cartridges? I would think that is unfair since I already paid for them. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@kml6 

Yes, you need to remove the Instant Ink cartridges from the printer and replace them with cartridges that you purchase.

The Print-by-Page Instant Ink subscription provides ink during the time the Instant Ink service is active; the Instant Ink cartridges remain the property of HP. 

Once the contract is cancelled, you must provide your own supplies.  Ideally, the Instant Ink cartridges would have been removed and returned to HP as described in the Instant Ink contract.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Select the relevant post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@kml6 

Yes, you need to remove the Instant Ink cartridges from the printer and replace them with cartridges that you purchase.

The Print-by-Page Instant Ink subscription provides ink during the time the Instant Ink service is active; the Instant Ink cartridges remain the property of HP. 

Once the contract is cancelled, you must provide your own supplies.  Ideally, the Instant Ink cartridges would have been removed and returned to HP as described in the Instant Ink contract.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Select the relevant post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.