Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 8022
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

2 Month old 8022: After some trouble with strange cardrige failure messages and a printer blue screen I made a factory reset and also installed all the desktop SW again. Then I received a "low ink" message and replaced one of the cardriges with the first mailed instant ink cardrige. Since then I'm not able to print anymore. The printer asks me to register for instant ink. The HP instant ink page tells me in green that the printer is online but simultaneously that "currently no connection to the printer is possible, try again later". This is the case since 3 days. Any suggestions?

And by the way: This comunity page here tells me that "an unexpected error has occured"???

Stefan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Stefan26

I understand your concern and I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/First-Time-Here-Learn-How-to-Post-and-More/How-To-Send-A-Private-Messa...

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Stefan26, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Since you reset the printer to its factory settings, the printer may not be enrolled in Instant Ink any more. Re-enroll the printer in Instant Ink as shown in this document or you may contact the HP Instant Ink team for assistance. The contact information can be found on the home page. Click here

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Many thanks for your prompt reply. Unfortunately your proposal does not work because:

Printing the claim code is not possible, because the original cardridges are completely exhausted and with the the instant ink the printer does not print.

But the main issue is that when trying to enroll the printer again the answer is:

"The printer is already registered".

So, the HP instant ink webpage identifies the printer correctly, states in green that the printer is online, but states also that "currently no connection possible, try later..."....

Stefan26_0-1601831260799.png

If it helps: In the printer web service status the instant ink option is shown as "deactivated", all other web services are active.

Stefan

HP Recommended

@Stefan26

If the issue persists, please contact the HP Instant Ink team in your region for further assistance as mentioned in my previous post.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, unfortunately also the local helpdesk is of no help....

Had yesterday for about one hour a chat with German heldesk (which was the 3rd time). After many trial an error they simply gave up, stating that there are some similar complaints and that the problem seems to be on HP side.

But the did not gave me any hint when it may get solved.

So now I'm here with a brand new printer with an instant ink contract for which I pay for, but which is literally deactivated by HP.

I already had to buy "normal" ink for abot 80€ to make it operational again.

You might gues that I'm not really happy with this situation...

Stefan

HP Recommended

@Stefan26

I understand your concern and I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/First-Time-Here-Learn-How-to-Post-and-More/How-To-Send-A-Private-Messa...

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.