Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended

I am unable to print anything in color with my HP OfficeJet Pro 8710. When I install the new yellow cartridge (the old one is empty), I get the error: "Remove and reinstall the indicated ink cartridge, making sure it is correctly installed." If I reinstall the empty cartridge, the printer will print, but only with the black cartridge.

I've used the virtual assistant on the HP Instant Ink site and tried everything it said including updating firmware, cleaning the cartridge, and resetting the printer, but I am still getting the error.

I am subscribed to HP Instant Ink, so I only ever use genuine HP ink cartridges in the printer.

I cannot find a way of directly contacting someone at HP, so I would be very grateful if an HP representative could reply to this thread so that I can get a replacement yellow cartridge for the printer.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you for replying. However, I was able to connect with someone at HP and have received a new cartridge.

View solution in original post

39 REPLIES 39
HP Recommended

@abycats, Welcome to HP Support Community!

To assist you better, We would need some information related to your Instant Ink Subscription. This information cannot be shared on a public post.

I have sent you a private message, reply to the message with your details.

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Keep me posted.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for replying. However, I was able to connect with someone at HP and have received a new cartridge.

HP Recommended

My HP Envy 4250  which has worked fine for a long time now won't print, showing as a problem "Remove and reinstall the indicated ink cartridge, making sure it is correctly installed".  The "indicated ink cartridge" is apparently the black one.  I have done as instructed countless times over a period of days with no success & have done the same with the color cartridge and with both cartridges at the same time; no success. I have also turned off and disconnected the printer; no success. Can anyone help?

HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem and can't get in touch with a Live person. This had been 3 days off this mess and I'm very aggravated that you cannot speak with a live person.I've sent my email I've sent my phone number can someone please call me back so I can get this issue taken care of

HP Recommended

I've never used any of these "community" exchanges before...so i'm not even sure what's going on...  this is "getzo? am i responding now to "teada"?  anyway, it sounds like you're in the same boat with me -- i have searched everywhere i can think of -- my HP folder, on my HP Instant Ink" card....and there is no phone number, nothing revealing how to get help.  almost makes me want to cancel instant ink....but who, where, could i even do that?  i mean, i couldn't even get anywhere with the "virtual chat" -- no response to my particular problem....   Ahhhhhhhhhhhh....I REALLY NEED MY PRINTER WORKING NOW!   thanks for the post.

HP Recommended

Me too... I'm ready to cancel my Subscription too. We shouldn't have to go to All of this Just to talk to a live person 😠

HP Recommended

Hi @Getzo

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Due to the current global COVID-19 situation, we're seeing an influx of customers coming in for support. We appreciate your patience.

Please send us a private message with your Instant Ink account details or you may also respond to the private message I've sent out and I'll help you out, accordingly. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it. 

Let me know. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Hello....  I'm not sure you're the same person I had an exchange with Wednesday, with the same problem as mine. And it looks like your problem has been solved. Anyway, I finally found a phone number to call, with instaink, an agent figured out my problem and is rushing me two new cartridges. The phone number is ****. Good luck, if you still need it!

HP Recommended

I am glad the issue is resolved, If you need further assistance feel free to reach out to us.

Have a great day ahead!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.