Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
ENVY 6055e
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a ENVY 6055e that was enrolled a few weeks ago in the trial of Instant Ink that came with the printer. HP already sent me cartridges under the program. However, the printer is defective and I am returning it to the store.

I have purchased a new ENVY 6475 PRO that comes with a 2 year Instant Ink Subscription included. I am setting up the new printer tomorrow and I don't know how to properly setup the new trial.

Should I cancel my current subscription on the printer I am returning and THEN ENROLL in the new printer setup?

OR 

Should I go into the site and hit REPLACE PRINTER on the RETURNED PRINTER and then link the new printer?

I do not want to lose the 2 years of ink included with the new printer. 

Thanks. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Tek20 

My opinion:

Cancel the subscription on the printer you are returning.

Be sure to do that - cancelling after-the-fact, that is, after you no longer have the printer, might be more complicated or at the least downright irritating.

AND

Remove the Instant Ink cartridges from the "Old Printer" and return them to HP.

What? 

Yes, remove the cartridges and send them back to HP.

HP retains ownership of all Instant Ink cartridges AND these "used" cartridges cannot be used in any other printer, even another printer that has an Instant Ink subscription.

Old printer has nothing to do with the new printer AND the new printer comes with its own 2-year subscription setup.

Set up the new printer with its new subscription.

Questions / Concerns?

• Check at the Instant Ink Website - pour over the details as you can find them.
  • READ the contract (Terms of Service) - this is where you find the how-to cancel instructions...
  • Contact Instant Ink Support - Terms of Service document includes the contact information.

Note:  You might have to wait for Monday - support might operate on a typical "weekday / hours" schedule.

Things that are Instant Ink

Note: 

If you have not opened the site for a while, know that the website has been updated..

Clear your browser cache for both hpconnected and instantink

Instant Ink Support Website

HP Instant Ink - Support, Information, Enroll, FAQ, Terms of Service / Contract

Not your home site?  Click the Flag to change to your region.

Click on FAQ

For example,

• Read Check to see if your HP printer works with Instant Ink
  • Change or cancel anytime link is located in the “tiny print” area at the bottom of the website (USA)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Need Help?  Contact Support - Options

1. Enrolled in Instant Ink?  >> Check for Support contact options in your Instant Ink Account.
  2. Contact >>   HP Instant Ink Support   NOTES:  Select Region // Hours are as listed at the site.
  3. The Terms of Service contract provides contact information, usually in the very first section.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

READ the all-important Terms of Service Contract > Scroll to the bottom of the Instant Ink website  – in the “tiny print” area (bottom of the main web page), look for and click on the link for instantink.hpconnected.com/terms

Examples of the Terms of Service Contract for various regions

Instant Ink - Terms of Service - USA

Instant Ink – Terms of Service - UK

TERMINI DI SERVIZIO DI HP INSTANT INK - Italy 

Instant Ink - Terms of Service - Ireland

CONDITIONS GENERALES D’UTILISATION DU SERVICE HP INSTANT INK - France

HP Printer Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guides, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP ENVY 6475e All-In-One Printer 

Open HP+ Printer Homepage > Concierge Help > Click the Contact Us link in the Orange box

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thank you. I cancelled the subscription on it. 

How do I remove it from my account now? As of right now, it is still connected, but is going back to the store tomorrow. 

It says my subscription won't end until July 5th. I cannot wait till then to return it to the store. 

HP Recommended

@Tek20 

Hmm..  I've never had a subscription with Instant Ink.

I would guess that once the cancellation is accepted by the process - perhaps with a confirmation of some sort,

Next Steps...

Later - when you get your new printer, you can add it to the HP Smart account.

HP Smart / HP Connected Login

Click Flag to switch to your region

Next,

Stop Web Services on the old printer

Open website:  HP Smart / HP Connected 

Open category How to > Turning On Web Services  (Includes “Turn off Web Services” help)

Remove the cartridges from the old printer,

Place the cartridges in the "Return" pouch you received with the Instant Ink cartridges kit and mail it back to HP.

Switch off the printer and be done.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.