Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet 3700 All-in-One Printer series
iOS

Unable to subscribe the Instant Ink, failed with an error message There was a problem finalizing your subscription (GS001)

IMG_5620.PNG

I am using the HP Start app on my Iphone8 Plus, tried multiple times failed with the same error. 

Please help, thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I will answer the questions myself. If you have the same problem with Deskjet3700 , the PIN is inside the ink cartridges access door.

DA5122B5-EB5D-44E5-8C35-A32854FF35C0.jpeg

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

I also used the HP Smart app on my mac but is stuck at asking me for the password. 

Though it says "A custom password has been sent to the printer", no password received.  

Screen Shot 2021-09-08 at 7.39.14 PM.png

HP Recommended

Can you help me to set up the Instant Ink. I have purchased the coupon already? It doesn't matter using my iPhone or Mac. 

Really appreciate it!

HP Recommended

@SophiaChou, Welcome to the HP Support Community! I’m here to help.

I understand you are trying to enroll the printer in Instant Ink. Kindly refer to this document for assistance - Enrolling in HP Instant Ink

If it still does not help, perform a reset on the printer.

With the ink door open, press and hold the Wi-Fi and Power buttons for at least three seconds.

Now, try to enroll the printer.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your response. 

I got stuck again during the Web Service set up. 

Screen Shot 2021-09-11 at 5.07.06 PM.png

However, no password gets printed. 

Can you also provide more details on how to reset and enroll the printer after pressing and holding the Wi-Fi and Power buttons for at least three seconds?

Thanks 

HP Recommended

@SophiaChou

That's unfortunate. Let us perform a factory reset on the printer.

• The reset instructions are specific for your printer and performing those steps on a different printer may corrupt the device.
  • I've sent you a private message with reset instructions, follow the reset instruction to perform a full reset and re-initialize the printer.
  • In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

The process to enroll the printer is mentioned in my first post. Check the attached document.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have the same issue can I get link sent to my specific printer too ? 

HP Recommended

I will answer the questions myself. If you have the same problem with Deskjet3700 , the PIN is inside the ink cartridges access door.

DA5122B5-EB5D-44E5-8C35-A32854FF35C0.jpeg

HP Recommended

None of these solutions are helping me for a HP Office Jet 6958. I have tried it several times/days.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.