Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
office jet pro 8710
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Like many of Americans I am out of work due to Covid-19 and I am trying to apply for unemployment benefits so I might be able to afford formula for my newborn.  Applying for unemployment requires me to print out certain pages for record and upon doing so I get a message on my printer telling me to contact instant ink due to problems.  I replaced the ink cartridges only to find out that the reason I can't print is due to the fact that I have not made a monthly payment for this printing service.  I paid already for the printer and the ink and now HP is trying to charge me a monthly fee just to use a printer that was already purchased.  I have never purchased an HP printer before and when I did buy this they told me that you can virtually get ink for free using this program Instant Ink.  I can't believe HP does this and gets millions of dollars from people who already spent a good amount of money on there brand of printer.  As if you are not making enough money by selling your products you must come up with another way to steal money from hard working people.  This is the most ridiculous thing ever and I will never spend another dollar on an HP product or service.  At a time like this with many people reeling from financial woes, HP is doing there best to get every cent they can, y[edit]

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@nick09081981 We understand your concern and just to clarify, you don't have to pay monthly if you don't want to, all you have to do is cancel the HP Instant Ink subscription (Also, we only offer this option, so you don't have to buy the ink cartridges, we ship them free and you only pay for the pages you print per month), click here for steps on cancelling it, and then disable the web services using the steps mentioned here, that's it, you can now buy the cartridge from your local store, insert them and print the papers you need to get those benefits.

Also, I understand these are difficult times, so if you need anything else,

please don't hesitate to ask, we'll be here and ready to help.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us, 

have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.