Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
OfficeJet 5255
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello!

I used my cell phone to set up my new OfficeJet 5255 printer. I registered for the Instant Ink program using my Gmail email address. I received a welcome message in that inbox, so the email address was obviously properly associated with my HP account and the Instant Ink service.

Then I went to my PC to set the printer in Windows, and after downloading the app from the MS store I tried to log in with my new account to get the full benefits of HP. (The printer setup worked ok btw).

The log in dialog told me there is no account with that email address.

I clicked on the link to try to Sign Up again. 

That dialog contradicted the previous dialog, saying that the email is already registered.

I tried to recover my password to see if the password is the issue. Initially, I got the same message that the email is unknown.

Eventually, about an hour later, it worked and I got to the screen where it told me to enter the temp. access code which was correctly emailed to my Gmail. I entered the code, the new password twice, but pressing the SAVE button had no visible effect. 

I gave up in anger and decided to try another day.

Today I received another Instant Ink instructions email telling me about the benefits of the service, so I decided to give it a go. Now the login dialog is back to telling me the email is unknown, and does not let me log in, sign up again, or request a password recovery.

On top of that, all HP support pages are behind a login/password firewall, so I could only talk to a rather unhelpful automatic chat bot. My request to talk to an actual person led to no contact information, and in the end the chat system locked up and stopped responding. There is no way to get help on a broken login experience if the whole support system is behind that broken login. Reminds me of the Sheldon Cooper quote https://youtu.be/zxSJZ5aGTTo except I cannot even get to a hotline, so here I am 🙂

I ended up creating a new account with an alternative email address just to be able to post this. Of course, my Instant Ink is still linked to my Gmail account where I cannot get in.

I need to either recover access to my Gmail login, or transfer the Instant Ink service registration to the new account I used to post this message.

Thank you in advance for any help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @BoboPetrov,

Please send us a private message with your Instant Ink account details or you may also respond to the private message I've sent out and I'll help you out, accordingly. Check next to your profile name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it. 

Let me know. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @BoboPetrov,

Please send us a private message with your Instant Ink account details or you may also respond to the private message I've sent out and I'll help you out, accordingly. Check next to your profile name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it. 

Let me know. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.