Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 7155
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Once again, I'm stuck unable to print.  The Instant Ink black cartridge stopped working, even though it supposedly still has ink.  I followed of the troubleshooting steps without success, of course.  Today is a Saturday, which means I can't talk to anyone until Monday.  And then It'll take another 3-5 days to receive a new cartridge after a 45 minute chat explaining to HP that the cartridge doesn't work.  So, I can't print anything until next Friday at best.  This has happened to me once before.

Will HP send an extra ink cartridge so I'm not stuck if a cartridge goes bad?  I'm ready to cancel.  I need dependability and clearly I can't depend on Instant Ink.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Have you tried calling the number listed on the Instant Ink page? 

Is printing blocked with a cartridge error message, or is the printer going through the motions of printing but the pages are blank? 

Note that if the black cartridge is not working you can remove the black cartridge and set it aside and print with just the color cartridge.  This will use the color ink to print even black text, you could use this feature to print until the replacement arrives.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.