Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP Envy 5530

I have been given a HP Envy 5530 printer but there are no ink cartridges currently in it. I need to join the instant ink scheme to purchase ink cartridges and the enrolment process tells me to connect the printer to the wifi. I know how to do this but the printer will not allow me to progress past a screen telling me there are no ink cartridges installed. I'm going round in circles and on the verge of purchasing a new Epson instead.

How can I get past the stupid message to actually connect to the wifi and order ink cartridges? Or alternatively how can I sign  up to the instant ink scheme without connecting the printer to wifi? Seems a stupid process if you can't actually order ink unless you already have it!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

You cannot enroll in HP Instant Ink without ink cartridges, the printer must be ready to connect to your wireless network or print the claim code:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03767639

You must have at least a single cartridge installed in the printer, a such can be obtained from any nearby store, then enroll in HP Instant Ink and the cycle will begin whenever you will install the HP Instant Ink Cartridges.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.