Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
09-15-2022 12:12 PM - last edited on 09-15-2022 12:40 PM by MarcusC
09-21-2022 09:21 AM
Welcome to HP Support Community. This is a great place to post questions and find answers.
Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.
I see that you are facing cartridge issues with your HP OfficeJet Pro 8740 All-In-One Printer.
Please follow the steps listed below to clean the cartridge contacts.
- Open the door or lid to the cartridge access area. Wait until the carriage stops moving before continuing.
- Push in on the cartridge indicated in the error message to release it from the carriage.
- Wipe the copper-colored contact on the cartridge with a lint-free cloth.
- Slide the cartridge into its color-coded slot until it clicks into place.
- Repeat these steps for any other cartridges indicated in the error message.
- Close the door or lid to the cartridge access area.
You may also refer to this link
Let me know if this works.
Take care and have a good day.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!